1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma House Bill 1482 Passes; Almost Entirely Voids State Question 780

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by Cougar, Mar 14, 2017.

1. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

The next move ought to be to write a new one for the people to place on the next ballot but make it stronger, and then propose a constitutional amendment to add a simple and expedient recall provision for the people to recall their respective elected representatives. If they want to play games, let us take them on.

Woody

sanjuro893, D. Hargrove and FRISKY like this.
  2. A5Sooner

A5Sooner Sharpshooter

5 out of 10 dentists don't know how to fly helicopters or roll a proper joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well in that case I got a pitchfork. Who's got tar, feathers, and torches?

sanjuro893 likes this.
  4. TonyKane1

TonyKane1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I voted no anyway.

5. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Got an axe. Would that help? :thumbup3:

6. ConstitutionCowboy

ConstitutionCowboy Sharpshooter

Put another one on the next ballot but make it have even deeper cuts in what is a felony. We the people can play that same game.

Woody

7. davek

davek Sharpshooter

re-elect no one

8. huntemup

huntemup Marksman

Unfortunately the ol "Congress and senate are full of crooks, just not my congressman and senator" keeps that from happening.

That people can be ok with this, is exactly why the "we get the politicians we deserve" adage, rings true.

The people speak, but we know nothing so the idiots that we idiots elect, step in and protect us from ourselves.

Regardless of how you feel about drugs, this should piss you off. Just like regardless of how you feel about marijuana, what was done with the medical marijuana question should piss you off.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. Jack T.

Jack T. Sharpshooter

As far as I know, this has NOT hit the Senate floor yet. Somebody correct me if you know better.

I talked to my Rep. . .who voted for it. Unfortunately I didn't know he voted for it until it was too late, else I would have asked him to oppose it. So I can't complain. I should have been on the ball and let him know my views before they voted.

I have, however, talked to my Senator and asked him to oppose it if/when it hits the Senate floor.

10. huntemup

huntemup Marksman

Why can't you complain?

Because you didn't take time out of your day to make your wishes known?

That's only true if you didn't vote in November. But regardless, We The people spoke in November. We made our wishes known But those wishes-our voices were ignored.
    But why? Could it be bc the industrial prison complex needs a steady inflow of inhabitants so they can justify building more prisons. Guess that's one way to create jobs. And our backward ass politicians who think "Reefer Madness" was a documentary, need to keep wasting our money and police man hours on a drug war that has proven time and again to be a complete and total failure.

Meanwhile our roads are crap, our bridges are crap, our schools are crap, and our hypocritical, self serving elected officials show us at every turn that they know best how we should live our lives.

And let's not forget, the more people we can attach a felony to, the more people we can keep from owning guns.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017