OK: Committee Passes constitutional carry to the House Floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's that go? An ounce of precaution is worth a pound of cure, I think. Some folks are just hard headed I guess.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I understand your pal having that mindset, I wonder how he will feel if he finds himself in a legal bind of some sort that may perhaps cost him significantly more than the cost to just bite the bullet and pay up to get the license? I don't want to be a test case for anything nor do I want to spend money to get/stay out of trouble once I'm already in it. I am not a big fan of the govt, either local, state, or fed interfering with my rights, but this seems like a small issue to me to avoid potential unpleasantness.
I agree and consider that you could lose your rights to own a gun by doing this. Then you can retain your principles but maybe none of your guns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I understand your pal having that mindset, I wonder how he will feel if he finds himself in a legal bind of some sort that may perhaps cost him significantly more than the cost to just bite the bullet and pay up to get the license? I don't want to be a test case for anything nor do I want to spend money to get/stay out of trouble once I'm already in it. I am not a big fan of the govt, either local, state, or fed interfering with my rights, but this seems like a small issue to me to avoid potential unpleasantness.
Lets just say, money is not an issue with him. I doubt he's looked at his checkbook balance in many years.
It's all about the .gov interfering in his rights.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Principles are principles; I get that. But laws are just that, laws. Many would say that we are a nation of laws, and that we do not get to choose which ones we want to obey. Now, standing your ground based on principles is noble, in some cases and maybe even necessary in some situations. I call to mind certain acts of civil disobedience. The trick here, at least in my mind, is that if we are a nation of laws, is this the right time and or place to stand one’s ground? I agree that there may come a time to disobey, as I did swear to defend the constitution against all enemies... and so on.

Therefore, to answer in regard as to is this the right time and or place...I think it is not. At least it’s not for me. I’ll save my own civil disobedience; my own “standing of the ground” if you will, for that rare occasion when it might actually do any good. I’ll wait until something like the unconstitutional confiscation of citizens’ weapons is attempted. Now as a believer in the concept of a nation of laws, if I were to somehow lose my mind and commit an offense that caused me to forfeit my right to possess firearms, then yes, I’d give them up, unhappily, but I’d give them up. But if some jack-booted attempt to illegally and against the constitution, “take them” from me as well as take them from other law abiding citizens were to happen,then all I can say is they better pack a damn lunch. Then, I will damn sure disobey and stand my ground. And I will not be alone.

Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Principles are principles; I get that. But laws are just that, laws. Many would say that we are a nation of laws, and that we do not get to choose which ones we want to obey.
You realize we live in a nation with a hierarchy class of people that are above the laws and they do get to choose which they want to obey, and they do so with impunity.
We can stand on our hind legs and say that we are equal under the law, when in reality we are not, and never have been.
The only people that do not get to choose which law they want to go with and which they want to ignore are the working class of people in this country.
We do have to abide by the laws of the land while those above us thumb their noses at felonies while traveling to the next cocktail party.
My friend with his unloaded pistol under the steering column is not violating any Oklahoma laws, and has had a couple of stops by LEO that saw he was transporting an unloaded gun, but he can access it pretty quick. He doesn't carry on his person.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize we live in a nation with a hierarchy class of people that are above the laws and they do get to choose which they want to obey, and they do so with impunity.
We can stand on our hind legs and say that we are equal under the law, when in reality we are not, and never have been.
The only people that do not get to choose which law they want to go with and which they want to ignore are the working class of people in this country.
We do have to abide by the laws of the land while those above us thumb their noses at felonies while traveling to the next cocktail party.
My friend with his unloaded pistol under the steering column is not violating any Oklahoma laws, and has had a couple of stops by LEO that saw he was transporting an unloaded gun, but he can access it pretty quick. He doesn't carry on his person.

Then he is within both the law and his rights. Fine. I choose to pay the money and be able to carry on my person, within the scope and confines of the law. That is, until such time that those who DO abuse the law with impunity decide that they want me to forfeit my rights, and demand me to give up my weapons, then I will carry as I really want, out of necessity.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CC here will be hard to get through, it is about money and power not a God given right. Above someone posted about a lack of gun handling skills at a range but do you think that an 8 hour class and firing 50 rounds at 7 yards really makes a person safe to carry? I don't but then again I shoot, have taken classes and courses, and try to improve my skills so if I ever do need them I will not freeze up or not be able to perform.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a little less than impressed by several people in my carry class. I could've spit a loogie on the bull from my stall and some folks were missing the paper completely. YIKES is all I kept thinking. Setting the bar at keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction isn't really much of an accomplishment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom