OK: Committee Passes constitutional carry to the House Floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I dont think I was talking to you.
And "he" sounds pretty ill informed re: the NRA involvement so I was asking him a question, not you.
I'm a member so I know. Not to active now but was pretty well involved in the march for open carry. My name was #2 (right after the president of the OK2A) on the petition drive. You were still taking long showers back then.

I don't give a hoot who you were talking to.
See that? I used the apostrophe as it's supposed to be used when using a contraction.

I remember when OK2A was formed, after several members here had zero luck getting ORA to accomplish anything. And rawhide has been posting updates here fairly regularly each session since.

Your bridge misses you while you're away.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think I was talking to you.
And "he" sounds pretty ill informed re: the NRA involvement so I was asking him a question, not you.
I'm a member so I know. Not to active now but was pretty well involved in the march for open carry. My name was #2 (right after the president of the OK2A) on the petition drive. You were still taking long showers back then.
Not sure what your butt hurt is all about, but my intent was to compliment OK2A for the work they've put in to improving gun laws in OK. Life has not allowed me to be as active as I'd like to be over the last year, so if I'm wrong about the NRA's lack of activism in our state please enlighten me how much I'm ill informed. I'm sure we will all be impressed with your vast knowledge and experience.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what your butt hurt is all about, but my intent was to compliment OK2A for the work they've put in to improving gun laws in OK. Life has not allowed me to be as active as I'd like to be over the last year, so if I'm wrong about the NRA's lack of activism in our state please enlighten me how much I'm ill informed. I'm sure we will all be impressed with your vast knowledge and experience.
OK2A has been doing a great job. ORA is having issues and not doing much legislative action now.
Our gun club has voted to become associated with OK2A, and offer memberships on our member application.
We still support ORA as well as offering memberships with them as well.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't see or hear much from the NRA in Oklahoma. Every now and then I get an Email relating to something that was passed or up for consideration. Fact of the matter IMO is Oklahoma is well set on our gun legislation. We have SDA carry, we reciprocate with many States and Open Carry is here at last. The idea of Constitutional Carry is interesting. I am a huge proponent of the 2A being a right not a privilege, just wonder as to the number of folks that would carry with CC v.s. the number that legally carry now (SDA). Seems to me that if you wanted to carry and legally were qualified to, then you would have your SDA, maybe I am over or under thinking things...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a lot of oldtimers that carry that I have run across, NO CCL. They never considered it to be a problem (until they get stopped).
As long as the gun is in sight, and not loaded, it's perfectly legal.
Having it concealed and loaded, or just loaded is when it becomes an issue.
Edit: I OC'd for many years before any CCL was thought about while hunting and while at the farm. It's always been legal in Ok to do so.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old OK political joke: "Republican lawmaker asleep after a hard day trying to pass a bill that was defeated. His wife hears a window being broke and wakes her husband and says Wake up...there's a thief in the house!! Husband says, Go back to sleep dear, the thieves are all in the Senate".
House bills get killed in the Senate. No one gets blood on their hands. Just strip the title and send it back with a few changes to committee. DOA.
Both sides claim victory. House from passing it (no blood). Senate by just correcting some problems with language the house missed (no blood). Generally never sees light of day or is never brought to floor.
It's a Mad world at the dome.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few friends that carry without an SDA and will probably continue to do so until they get in a legal bind. They feel they have the right and don't need a license to give them a right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom