OK: Committee Passes constitutional carry to the House Floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few friends that carry without an SDA and will probably continue to do so until they get in a legal bind. They feel they have the right and don't need a license to give them a right.
My buddy is like minded. He keeps a full size 1911 in .45 at slide lock in a holster under the steering column with the mag well pointed at the drivers door so if a LEO stops him, it's easy to see its not loaded. Loaded mag on the center console for quick insertion.
He refuses to get a CCL.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK2A has been doing a great job. ORA is having issues and not doing much legislative action now.
Our gun club has voted to become associated with OK2A, and offer memberships on our member application.
We still support ORA as well as offering memberships with them as well.

I dropped my ORA membership years ago, but if their facebook posts are any indication, ORA's activism may have improved.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped my ORA membership years ago, but if their facebook posts are any indication, ORA's activism may have improved.
They are reorganizing after some internal turmoil. I won't go into details about why.
We have a couple of ORA board members that are also members of our club.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are reorganizing after some internal turmoil. I won't go into details about why.
We have a couple of ORA board members that are also members of our club.
If the Old Guard of ORA is gone or their position has changed to be supportive of OK gun owner's rights, I'll gladly renew my membership.

Claude

Marksman
Reaction score
I remember ORA being against our handgun license in the beginning.

I've been to a couple public ranges and saw some of our outstanding citizens using their firearms. Scary as all get out thinking about them packing... Flame away.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy is like minded. He keeps a full size 1911 in .45 at slide lock in a holster under the steering column with the mag well pointed at the drivers door so if a LEO stops him, it's easy to see its not loaded. Loaded mag on the center console for quick insertion.
He refuses to get a CCL.

While I understand your pal having that mindset, I wonder how he will feel if he finds himself in a legal bind of some sort that may perhaps cost him significantly more than the cost to just bite the bullet and pay up to get the license? I don't want to be a test case for anything nor do I want to spend money to get/stay out of trouble once I'm already in it. I am not a big fan of the govt, either local, state, or fed interfering with my rights, but this seems like a small issue to me to avoid potential unpleasantness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom