Oklahoma house OKs bill for permit free open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well why is this law not making the illegal carry of a firearm MORE embolden to do so because basically anyone carrying will not be suspect or questioned any more. Basically the lawless, illegals, and x cons can say "hey with everyone on the streets carrying now we can too and never draw any unwanted attention. As more people open carry law enforcement has far less motivation to question who may or may not be legal. For instance a traffic stop takes place. The law enforcement officer will not have any reason to question the firearm the thug, illegal, or other lawless individual has with them in open view. Also it puts the law enforcement officer in a HUGE disadvantage because he/she will confront sooooooooooooooooo many people with them in open view. The officer will be much more likely to be shot as soon as they approach because an auto stop or other situation there would be no reason to confront the perpetrator in the car. Hey I just can see a buttload more killings of law enforcement now because this just further complicates their situation.
Also, when I see someone oc in public I am most of us are learning to be a bit more comfortable because at least there is a decent chance the person has been through a cc course. With this law none of us have ANY idea if the op carry guy is legal or not.

One of the most irrational posts on the Internet, ever.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It always amazes me how many "gun people" are against constitutional carry!

Yea, no have to pay a fee to protect yourself LOL! Just like in the good old days. Like a said before in other posts, some gun owners are worse than LIBERALS when it comes to open carry. If someone is going to cap your a$$ it doesn't matter if that person is legal or not your a$$ will get capped!

My only gripe is I don't want to pay to carry concealed and not have to pay if I carry openly. There should be no permit on carrying firearms anyway. NOTHING will stop BAD PEOPLE from doing BAD THINGS with any kind of FIREARM!!!:bigeye:

Flame on........No XXXXX given

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets get some input from present on the job law enforcement on this. They have more at stake than any of us. Just received my second renewal on CC but will not under any circumstances change my view on this. What has been written is absolutely without any logic what so ever. Blowing in the wind in order to "go back to the good old days" is a joke beyond laughing. Not a single person on this site knows jack p+++ about what things were like then. What little is written of it was of little value when it comes to this subject. So make me laugh again tell me all about "the good old days" :laugh6::laugh6::laugh6: Emotion mixed with an abundance of no logic and oh add a few red neck insults means nothing in this conversation. THAT makes not sense and is indeed one of the most laughable posts on the net. :tounge2::pms2:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets get some input from present on the job law enforcement on this. They have more at stake than any of us. Just received my second renewal on CC but will not under any circumstances change my view on this. What has been written is absolutely without any logic what so ever. Blowing in the wind in order to "go back to the good old days" is a joke beyond laughing. Not a single person on this site knows jack p+++ about what things were like then. What little is written of it was of little value when it comes to this subject. So make me laugh again tell me all about "the good old days" :laugh6::laugh6::laugh6: Emotion mixed with an abundance of no logic and oh add a few red neck insults means nothing in this conversation. THAT makes not sense and is indeed one of the most laughable posts on the net. :tounge2::pms2:

Your arguments are not grounded in logic or common sense. Since when did the criminal element that wants to harm law enforcement feel the need to comply with CCW laws? The law abiding citizen with or without a permit must still identify themselves to law enforcement when carrying concealed.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Point of view from previously being employed in law enforcement, it never was and as far as I'm concerned still is not the public's job to make law enforcers feel safe. HOWEVER it is supposed to be law enforcement's job to make the public feel safe.

And I remember the whole "blood running in the streets" argument whenever concealed carry was being proposed... IDK of any carriers being involved in mass shootings.. To find mass shooting you have to go to the states that have strict gun control.. like CA IL PA NY ........do I really need to keep going or is the quoted poster ready to admit bias/ignorance on the issue?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

then read this... http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?172180-Survey-of-15-000-LEOs-on-Gun-Control

Latest posts

Top Bottom