Oklahoma liquor laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah it isnt extra water either. As a brewer, I have tried and tried to think of what it is and cant figure it out. Water would significantly lower the ABW. It has to be a difference in grain or yeast strain. But I will fully agree it tastes fuller when it comes from Texas. Oklahoma's seems really weak and watered down, but like I said... cant be water.

I dont know what it is either but I know I have a killer headache in the morning if I drink to much OK beer. I can drink just as much KS or TX beer and feel fine the next day. I also notice a taste difference.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try getting a new liqour brought into this state. It has only been in the last year that you can now buy apfel schonauer, real apple schnapps in Oklahoma, there is a distillery in nashville corsair artisian that makes some excellent craft distilled whiskey and rum as well as another one in new orleans that makes fantastic rum, old new orleans. I buy from them by the case when I travel since my hopes of ever getting them carried in Oklahoma are slim to none.

I talked to a liqour store about the process of getting a new alcohol brought in and the process is draconian.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try getting a new liqour brought into this state. It has only been in the last year that you can now buy apfel schonauer, real apple schnapps in Oklahoma, there is a distillery in nashville corsair artisian that makes some excellent craft distilled whiskey and rum as well as another one in new orleans that makes fantastic rum, old new orleans. I buy from them by the case when I travel since my hopes of ever getting them carried in Oklahoma are slim to none.

I talked to a liqour store about the process of getting a new alcohol brought in and the process is draconian.

I work for a Broker/Distributor send me some information on the product(s). I will pass it to the people that make those decisions. IF they decide to pursue it, AND there is no issue on the supplier's end, it will be 45 days before it can be sold in stores. So assuming everything goes okay you are looking at a 2-3 month process.

As far as wine in grocery, there are positives and negatives to both sides, however, I believe positives outweigh negatives. Here are just a few:

Positives:
1)Easy access to wine and high-point cold beer
2)Should this pass, will likely cause a domino effect of liquor laws that will change (We are currently a four-tier state, would likely need to change to a three-tier) Among other things (sunday sales, etc)
3)COULD see new grocer chains enter market, which would help offset #3 on negatives.

Negatives
1) Cost of Alcohol will likely increase (liquor stores will have to make up lost revenue somehow)
2)Selection will likely be limited to top selling skus at grocery stores as they do not currently have an overabundance of space.
3)More than likely would result in a number of smaller stores closing

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would agree, no alcohol sales after 2am? How much sense does that make?

Well,its not that its the no cold beer in liquor stores,and close at 9pm and liquor stores cant be open on election days. Thats an archaic law still on the books. I've been to liquor stores in kansas and they refridgerate nearly everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom