Oklahoma man, 57, dies after rattlesnake bites him twice: 'Don't mess with snakes'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All snakes have a purpose in life. I don’t kill any of them if non-poisonous. They eat rodents and vermin.
The poison kind do get killed at the house though. Killed 8 copperheads over the years.
Lost two dogs to copperhead bites.
One directly to the bite, and the other that had spasms caused by the neurological effects of being bitten.
All of the black snakes, garden snakes, etc get a pass from me.
I have lost some hide though defending them against my shovel wielding wife.
She is terrified of them after being pinned in a porch rocker for a couple of hours with one directly underneath all coiled up that was “rattling” (no rattlers in our area).
Danged hog nosed snakes can act pretty aggressive when confronted, but harmless otherwise.
Rattlesnake taste’s like and has the consistency of frog legs to me.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone outside not actively looking for snakes is doing it wrong. How the hell does someone walk through the woods or dig around their bushes not scanning for snakes?
Yeah... rake up a bunch of leaves/whatever then scoop it up with the rake in one hand while holding it against the rake with the other hand.

Seriously, do any of you guys live outside the city limits? :D

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... rake up a bunch of leaves/whatever then scoop it up with the rake in one hand while holding it against the rake with the other hand.

Seriously, do any of you guys live outside the city limits? :D
I do, but only just; my property line is the edge of the city, and I'm on the "it's okay to go shoot in the yard" side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom