Oklahoma public hunting land used by drug cartels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
According to various news sources;not hard to find, more, and more public land in OK is used by the drug cartels to cultivate marijuana, or cook meth...it's easier/cheaper to do it than smuggle from the southern border...one might use caution;aka superior fire power when scouting that new spot this year. Grew up in SE OK, kinda knew where to go, and not to go, but now they are finding this problem all over the state.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to various news sources;not hard to find, more, and more public land in OK is used by the drug cartels to cultivate marijuana, or cook meth...it's easier/cheaper to do it than smuggle from the southern border...one might use caution;aka superior fire power when scouting that new spot this year. Grew up in SE OK, kinda knew where to go, and not to go, but now they are finding this problem all over the state.

Back when I was in HS we were warned about hunting Weyerhauser land in SE OK, as far as not getting nosy and looking for trouble. That's been 20 years ago.

I would sure find it interesting, how the "locals" who grow "herbs" down there feel about the Mexicans using their woods for the same thing.

I bet that could get UGLY,..in a good way, down in McCurtain county.

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I hunt in se ok I Allways watch out for Toothless weirdos, but all the locals I met are nice and normal, I actually talk to a guy from there regularly. But one time while riding 4-wheelers around hwy 1 a friend and I ran into a Very shady couple who offered us crank after giving them water.... We moved our camp far away...

Latest posts

Top Bottom