Oklahoma State Police issue stainless model 64 in .357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
howdy , sorry , I live in the northeast , can you please expand on on Danny Looper leather goods ??

Danny Looper was the owner of Looper Leather Goods in Oklahoma City. He passed a couple of years ago but the business passed on to his son Bart and the company is now known as Looper Law Enforcement. This is a third generation business.

Danny was also a part-time officer for the Warr Acres police department. He sold a LOT of custom leather gear to officers across the state and even other parts of the country.

dogbreath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The revolvers marked OSP are Oklahoma State Penitentiary Revolvers. They had S&W models 64,65, and 686. There were a few model 66 with 2 1/2" barrels. They sold the revolvers within the past couple of years as they were replaced with Glock 9mm's. The model 64 and 65 were range training guns, and the 686's were mostly issued to transportation officers and saw very little range time.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The revolvers marked OSP are Oklahoma State Penitentiary Revolvers. They had S&W models 64,65, and 686. There were a few model 66 with 2 1/2" barrels. They sold the revolvers within the past couple of years as they were replaced with Glock 9mm's. The model 64 and 65 were range training guns, and the 686's were mostly issued to transportation officers and saw very little range time.

I had one of those 686's. I bought it at citizen firearms in BA. I had OSP #6. They had several of them. They also had a 4in model 66 there that was OSP marked.

Here she is:

Latest posts

Top Bottom