Oklahoma Teens shoot Australian Baseball player "because they were bored"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until the child hits 18 or is legally emanicipated, the parent is legally liable for the actions of their child, eh?

Answer the question. How many children do you have or have you raised?

No, the parents are not legally liable for the actions of their children. But think about how brilliant your plan is. Teaching kids that other people will be punished for their actions.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Answer the question. How many children do you have or have you raised?

No, the parents are not legally liable for the actions of their children. But think about how brilliant your plan is. Teaching kids that other people will be punished for their actions.

Well, if the parents had been fined or incarcerated early on, they would have fretted their kids getting into trouble and would have seen to their responsibilities, eh? But no one wins an argument. I do agree with you on one thing you said earlier.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do blacks really commit more crimes or are they just charged and convicted of more crimes?

That could be the case, but notice the neighborhood demographics in places like Philadelphia, PA then the fact they have the entire crew and front of some restaurants (we went to a kfc) behind bullet proof glass? Not I did not see that when we played West Chester.

I get what you are saying, but that is more along the line of what the apologist will say. Is there racism in our system of course. but that that account for 12% of the population commiting almost 50% of the violent crimes? I do not think any reasonable person will claim that unless they are afraid of facts.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if the parents had been fined or incarcerated early on, they would have fretted their kids getting into trouble and would have seen to their responsibilities, eh? But no one wins an argument. I do agree with you on one thing you said earlier.

So you do not have children and have not raised any children. Your opinion has no basis therefore is irrelevant.

Maybe we should punish older siblings as well, they have a huge influence on the behavior of their younger siblings.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I was trying to say, cjj. Thanks, doc.
duh, cjj

No - not "duh". The good doc never answered the question, only countered with a statement that didn't really address the topic. Again - whites are quick to police each other immediately when someone gives their opinion on racial issues, particularly when they don't toe the PC line; do you think it's common for this to happen in any other community - in this case the black community - when a black person begins to rant on white people? Serious question. Do you think if I had a Twitter account (I don't) and posted something like "90% of black ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM", that I'd quickly get a deluge of "racist" charges from my peers? I wonder how many of James Edward's peers derided him for that tweet?

SoonerDVM is right: we are a bunch of white folk with all kinds of different opinions about something. We are also quick to chastise when someone walks off of the PC path. And we never "had a meeting" to decide what we should all think and say. We've been indoctrinated into it.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, or make anyone's "ignore list". Just trying to understand why one group seems to be in such a hurry to attack others with a differing opinion.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you do not have children and have not raised any children. Your opinion has no basis therefore is irrelevant.

Maybe we should punish older siblings as well, they have a huge influence on the behavior of their younger siblings.

Interesting. Just relax. I know how it is.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are OSA members who know what's going on, it's not like we're ostriches with our heads in the sand. But it is just better not to say anything about it. This is a shooting forum. When we get into the race thing, we run the risks of being seen as a racist organization. If these victims prefer to run around unarmed, incognizant of their surroundings, that is a tragedy. Sometimes these teens attack the wrong people, people who are not defenseless and have knowlege of their surroundings. I sum it up to a lack of parental supervision. No matter what motivates these teens to do this, no matter what they are posting on Facebook - their parents are AWOL. If the parents had to face some sort of legal ramification, many lives could be saved.

That is the whole catch 22. We have to play by rules but the left ( most of the anti-gunners don't)

I get both sides of it.

Ultimatley I think today people need to be racially aware. The problem is they often get labeled as racist and that is not fair.

Unlike many on the left I welcome anyone as a gun guy ( or girl). The sad thing is that I don't thank as many people carrying guns are as concerned about someone who looks like mike seaver from growing pains coming up behind them as someone who looks like Trayvon. There is an element of racism in that, but racial awareness also makes it hard to dispute.

Hey the left loves it. Gun guys attacking each other when they probably agree on many things and if some of the wording was changed here I think a majority of us could agree on many of these racial things.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is the whole catch 22. We have to play by rules but the left ( most of the anti-gunners don't)

I get both sides of it.

Ultimatley I think today people need to be racially aware. The problem is they often get labeled as racist and that is not fair.

Unlike many on the left I welcome anyone as a gun guy ( or girl). The sad thing is that I don't thank as many people carrying guns are as concerned about someone who looks like mike seaver from growing pains coming up behind them as someone who looks like Trayvon. There is an element of racism in that, but racial awareness also makes it hard to dispute.

Hey the left loves it. Gun guys attacking each other when they probably agree on many things and if some of the wording was changed here I think a majority of us could agree on many of these racial things.

Am saying, is best to leave race out of it. But don't attribute it to bad parenting either - that will rile people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom