One for the Bourbon & Whiskey Aficionados

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just a little "FYI" for the bourbon & whiskey folks.

Scroll down and read the American percentages of different whiskey styles(Canada does it's own thing). The types, especially those reading this not familiar with bottled in bond-BIB.

Slowly I'm becoming a fan of Evan Williams( Single Barrel) and Henry McKenna 10yr old BIB

http://heavenhilldistillery.com/making-americas-whiskey.php

Of course you can't forget the Lincoln County Process: The whiskey is filtered through, or steeped in charcoal chips before going into the barrels for aging. The process is named for Lincoln County, Tennessee which was the location of Jack Daniel's distillery at the time of its establishment.

story_image_CharcoalMellowing.jpg

^^^ This is the reason I love George Dickel#12 and Jack Daniels Single Barrel.

Have a great weekend!!!

Cheers........enjoy your whiskey and bourbon.:sunbath:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Scroll down and read the American percentages of different whiskey styles(Canada does it's own thing). The types, especially those reading this not familiar with bottled in bond-BIB.

Slowly I'm becoming a fan of Evan Williams( Single Barrel) and Henry McKenna 10yr old BIB

Of course you can't forget the Lincoln County Process: The whiskey is filtered through, or steeped in charcoal chips before going into the barrels for aging. The process is named for Lincoln County, Tennessee which was the location of Jack Daniel's distillery at the time of its establishment.

Have a great weekend!!!

I personally have a man crush on Knob Creek , any of them really but particularly the single barrel and my number 2) would be Woodford Reserve

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have a great weekend!!!

the wife and I exchange bourbons each year for our anniversary. I got her the McKenna 10 year BIB a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised. Much nicer bourbon than the packaging would indicate.

I also saw recently where Beam has a BIB, as well. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When in Vegas at Vic & Anthony's(Golden Nugget) I'll have a glass of Pappy while waiting for my steak.

I am sorry and remiss....I just ask the waiter for Pappy. He usually asks me what year...I thought the last time he asked me 15(or was it 12) or 23 year old. Whatever it was I went with the younger because I've only started drinking Pappy for a little over a year...so I'm not an "expert" on it.

pappy drink.jpg

To me: The unique thing about Pappy is it's smoothness, creaminess, the texture and feel was almost....I mean almost a syrup feel...more like real maple syrup....very light on the syrup but fluid liquid. It wasn't a full body .....strong on spices and flavor drink...very, very, mellow.....not hot or to warm....very nice after finish.
pappy.jpg

Would I buy a bottle of any Pappy....probably not. I'm happy cruising the whiskey and bourbon highway, enjoying so many others.

Plus...I like having accessibility, I think obtaining a few bottles or a box of Pappy is harder than a box of Cohibas signed by Fidel Castro!!!

021a6939421f118a7a0731c84f9d04ac--cohiba-cigars-cuban-cigars.jpg

Cheers!!
:thumb:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've had the pappy line from 10 to 23 year. Yes, it's good. But for me, it's not worth the $$$. There are many other bourbons i enjoy more (and can enjoy more of for the same amount of money).

I enjoy the Old Weller more than the Pappy (which, interesting, is really the same bourbon, just aged for shorter periods). Cheaper, easier to get and just as tasty (to me, but i don't do well distinguishing the differences in things after a certain point).

but to each their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom