What's to drink this weekend??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Thank God, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, and Vishnu....it's Friday!!!!!

Well, my Texans are done for the season so I'm venturing off of George Dickel#12, and trying a rare breed this weekend.

Jack Daniel's Green Label:

www.jdcollectorspage.com_images_greenlabel200ml.JPG

There's so much misconception and denial about this stuff.........I had to try it.

YES I KNOW;

It's bottom shelf stuff.

Jack Daniel's website doesn't even acknowledge it.

Rumors fly that they quit making it.

But I had to try it............:nutkick:

Truth:

Jack Daniel's Green Label is a lighter, less mature whiskey with a lighter color and character. The barrels selected for Green Label tend to be on the lower floors and more toward the center of the warehouse where the whiskey matures more slowly.

That "less mature whiskey" translated means more alcohol taste and less mellow/charcoal flavor.

Bottom line............if and when I drink Jack, I'll stick to the others...Gentleman, Single Barrel, and Old Number Seven.

Now if I can find a bottle of Jack Daniels Silver Select...(Silver Select: For export only (100 proof/50% ABV).)..and a nice cigar. Say one from 90 miles South of Florida, I'd be a happy camper.

Silver Select.......
[Broken External Image]

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
:sunbath:

Go Texans
www4.pictures.zimbio.com_gi_J_J_Watt_Seattle_Seahawks_v_Houston_Texans_uTLLCYwrPo1l.jpg

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Packers are hosting the Cowboys, so instead of beer I am thinking about getting a bottle. Haven't decided what yet....maybe some Oban or Balvenie(been on a Glenmorangie kick lately). My local store has a bottle of dimple pinch(Walter White's last drink) which I have wanted to try, but it is blended.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I picked up a bottle of Old Pulteney, haven't tried it yet either, but it gets good reviews. Also grabbed a bottle of Boulevard Brewing's Bourbon Barrel Quad Beer(tongue twister) to try out tonight.

[Broken External Image]

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not..........since I've been back from Vegas. I've been drinking the heck out of.........

Anchor Steam Beer.
beersandears.net_wp_content_uploads_2011_05_IMG_0673_570x855.jpg

AND

Evan Williams Single Barrel....2004 and 2005.
[Broken External Image]

But for this weekend, I'm trying the red-headed and adopted, abused and battered, bastard child of Jack Daniel's..........Green Label.
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me...............

I'm a dyed in the wool;

George Dickel #12, man.
upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_5_52_George_Dickel.jpg

AND

Schlitz....yes, I've tried domestic, foreign, micro, and limited/seasonal beer. But you always (myself) dance with the one that brought you.........memories, tears, laughs, promises,......Schlitz.
[Broken External Image]

But this weekend.......I walked off the reservation and kicked up my heels....per se:drink:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

I was hoping it would be a bit more sour, but it is still a fabulous beer. Glad I bought it to try it. Still trying to find the next bottle/batch of Love Child, REALLY good sour beer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom