One to the hip, literally ... sadly enough.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well that's not the first time somebody shot theirself with a glock. I remember a person that had a worn out holster and it hit the trigger while he was in his car and put a round in his hip. ( OUCH) :(

Sheepdog380

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed on condition one also. I pocket carry a G27 in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. It rides great and trigger guard is covered. I am glad people carrying are concerned enough to not carry with one in the chamber if they do not feel safe. Although I always keep one in the chamber, bc you don't get to decide when it's go time and when it is that time I want to be ready to rock.

J

Johnwayne

There is a video somewhere of an officer doing a safety presentation at a school who starts to pull his pistol and shoots himself similar to this.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry chambered. Just not comfortable with it. That said, when I go into places where there is more threat potential (meeting people about cars, craigslist, etc), I round a chamber. Unless I am carrying my mini-revolver.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest hazard is reholstering - be extra careful that you aren't wearing a jacket with a zipper pull that can get inside the trigger guard. Perhaps the Glock fell out of a cheap holster. Another good reason to only purchase quality holsters made for a specific model handgun.

It's very difficult to see how buckling or unbuckling a seat belt could pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom