ONG plan A or plan B???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got an email from ONG today that they plan to tack on an additional charge due to their incompetence of the price of NG during the winter storm. They plan to charge $10/mth for plan B customers $6/mth for plan A customers and $0 for (low income?) customers. They automatically enrolled me in plan B (50 dekatherm/yr or more) when I started service, but I just added up my use for the past year and I only used 39.233DKT and that was with the big freeze included. My question is how many are on plan A vs plan B?
All we have is furnace and water heater on NG so with plan A, I think we would really save during the 3 seasons we don't use furnace.
What say you, great OSA knowledge base? TIA!

P.S.- PSO is planning on doing the same thing for their customers too in the amount of $5/mth on top of the massive price spikes already in place.

#FJB!

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plan you are on is probably the one you should stick to. A few months ago I ran some numbers for the plans that OEC provides for electricity, and in the end I saved more money on the rate plan that they figured I was best suited to based on historical usage.

The utilities really don't have a motive to gouge or profit off any individual home owner.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plan you are on is probably the one you should stick to. A few months ago I ran some numbers for the plans that OEC provides for electricity, and in the end I saved more money on the rate plan that they figured I was best suited to based on historical usage.

The utilities really don't have a motive to gouge or profit off any individual home owner.
But that extra $10 over how many customers.....💰💰💰💰

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But that extra $10 over how many customers.....💰💰💰💰

Doesn't matter because of how the utility service model works. The utility exists to keep people serviced reliably and safely and to permit a fair percentage of growth every year. There's a reason why the corporation commission exists to balance the equation between the consumer public and the utility cos.

The OPEX of maintaining thousands of miles of lines (gas or electric), keeping a database of right-of-way, tree trimming, having reliably equipped service trucks for the field guys, corporate functions, pensions, benefits and everything else dwarfs what most people can even fathom when they criticize a utility company.

An extra $10/mo is NOTHING in the bigger picture.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to diverte from the OP but has anyone else had their electric bill DOUBLE and now they are wanting to bump it another 2.5%
Energy independence just became my new life goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom