Online Gun buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
paying the tax how I understand is up to you to claim at the end of the year(I could be wrong). I've used www.budsgunshop.com (excellent service and quick shipping, plus their prices include shipping and are some of the lowest I've found) and I'm getting ready to use www.quanticotactical.com As far as smooth transaction, that depends on the place you buy from. All of mine so far have been smooth and quick.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought several guns online. You don't pay tax at the time of transaction unless you live in the same state as the seller. It will be listed for you when you checkout on most sites. Kennedy is correct in that I believe you are suppose to claim good during tax time.

Gunbroker.com is another very frequented site and has been mentioned here quite a bit. You might check it out. I have had positive experiences.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought from a couple online retailers and im in the process of receiving a pistol right now due to it being a special order. I usually always use a CC to make sure im protected and i dont give my business who charge to use a CC.

Lastly if something makes you uncomfortable then follow your gut or ask us if we have any experience with them.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL ONLINE. Some sellers want to be paid with a 'postal money order' i.e. a money order you have to buy at the post office. Reason - other money orders and even cashiers checks can be fake. Paying with a credit card usually adds 3% to the cost.

Pretty smooth transaction, no problems to date.

There are FFLs on this site that will handle the paperwork for $10.

Never paid tax to the seller who lived in another state.

I believe on your taxes, there is a line for 'have you made an online purchase for which you owe sales tax?". something like that.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done it several times and all went well so far. If the company you are buying from does not have a place of business in OK you don't pay taxes. There are several of the dealers who advertise on here that will do it for $10 and it is well worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom