Oooooohweeee!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZUMMO'S ....Boudin & Party Sausage!!!
One of the many things I miss about S.E. Texas and S.W.Louisianna.

***I have found Zummo's Boudin at Wal Mart in the Penn and Memorial area.
Got some in the fridge, and tomorrow night I'll have some boudin and either
oyster soup or chicken gumbo!! Some that there good old coon a$$ eatin' fo sho!!!

YES, thats what true Cajuns call themselves...coon a$$....don't know why,just do.

Cohiba

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ZUMMO'S ....Boudin & Party Sausage!!!
One of the many things I miss about S.E. Texas and S.W.Louisianna.

***I have found Zummo's Boudin at Wal Mart in the Penn and Memorial area.
Got some in the fridge, and tomorrow night I'll have some boudin and either
oyster soup or chicken gumbo!! Some that there good old coon a$$ eatin' fo sho!!!

YES, thats what true Cajuns call themselves...coon a$$....don't know why,just do.

Cohiba

Cohiba, after hanging out with you and seeing some of the stuff you post about, I have to say you know how to live the good life.

Well done!

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Danny...believe it or not, I could write several books on the stuff(good and bad) I've
seen,tasted and done. Anthony Bourdain ain't got nothin on me!!!

From Boy's Town/Neuvo Laredo to serving a few days in Ensenada,Mexico, to Drinkin'Absinthe with a few Cajuns to Huntin'Elk in Colorado ,Livin on the Navajo Rez around Gallup,NM to Las Vegas....all the way to Southern California takin in some sun, surf and a few Dogers games......who knows what's next?

Cohiba

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get some pretty good boudin at Wheeler's Meat Market on the corner of SE 44th and I-35 (east of I-35 about 1/4 mile on south side of the street). They've got their own recipe and it actually contains real meat unlike the stuff you buy at walmart that is 90% rice. Very tasty, very cajun and way cheaper than buying the really, really good stuff off the internet or going to Louisiana.

They don't always have it 'cuz it sells out pretty fast so call before going if boudin is what you plan on gettin'.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How I got hooked on Zummo's . It's made in Beaumont,Tx...readily available all over Houston and S.W. Louisianna, and I like the taste. Especially like it that I don't have to seek it out at
special shops or just meat markets. Yes, it has rice in it and those oh so good, mixed liver chunks!!
Mmmm, mmm,mmmm!!!
Dang...I ought to be a salesperson for Zummo's!!!
Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom