Open carriers out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use either my Miami classic 2 shoulder rig or my Blackhawk serpa holster when OC. I won’t wear something that doesn’t have retention. Just ain’t smart. But then again, I always keep my eyes moving and make sure people aren’t behind me. So if they ever try and come up and grab it I will know it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I have seen a few more OC in my limited trips around town. I think it is kind of a sign or the times. People are a little unsettled about the future and damn sure ain’t going to give up those 20 rolls of TP to a bad guy.

As to holsters I also have a big tub of holsters. Lived in Houston for 9 years and carried concealed every day. Leather did not work as it got wet with sweat and did not dry out for days sometimes. Switched to kydex and no more rusty guns.

I also do not like fobus or any paddle holsters. Took a training class while in Texas and one of the guys had a fobus that would stay on the gun when he drew it. Turned a nice gun into a club with a very short handle. Currently using kydex from Zorn holster and very happy with them.
Check out https://onyour6designs.com/ Best I have ever used and they have a lifetime warranty. Their customer service is excellent. I have used the warranty twice. I developed cracks in my holster because I wear it so much. I sent them an email and the next day they shipped me a new one. I also had one made for my glock and tlr1 and I wasn’t happy with the way the trigger guard covered the trigger. Sent them an email and they made me another one free of charge. I won’t ever go anywhere else. They also make for a ton of different guns and ship quickly out of Texas.

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey you holster aficionados. I got a question. I want to get a good holster for my 11 year old to open carry his G44 or G19 when in the woods and such. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom