Open carry advocates....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering what an nice lady in a hajib packing a g19 on her hip would look like. Or better, the ladies who are fully veiled? They could conceal and RPG if they wanted. If I were a petite conservative allah worshiping 2nd ammendment supporter who sported a full covering, I would rock some crazy carries under all that!

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For the last 30 years or so, their intentions have been on display for all to see.

Sorry, this doesn't qualify as a source. The majority of Muslims don't participate radically against their neighbors. Like most people of most religions they appear to be more secular than orthodox.

the Quran

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Although you source the Quaran, is this interpretation yours or someone elses?

I did some research on the passage you sourced and found contradicting interpretations. Such is the nature of religion.

http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/329-quranmisquotes#7

Anyways, religion should be no more of a test of qualifications for carrying and restricting someone from carrying on this basis is religiophobic and thus wrong.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, this doesn't qualify as a source. The majority of Muslims don't participate radically against their neighbors. Like most people of most religions they appear to be more secular than orthodox.

Although you source the Quaran, is this interpretation yours or someone elses?

I did some research on the passage you sourced and found contradicting interpretations. Such is the nature of religion.

http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/329-quranmisquotes#7

Anyways, religion should be no more of a test of qualifications for carrying and restricting someone from carrying on this basis is religiophobic and thus wrong.
there are at least 100 more passages in the Quran demanding that nonbelievers be converted or killed,but I was answering a specific question and not the issue of should they be allowed to carry.

the interpretation is some one else's, but my Arabic speaking Jordanian attorney tells me the translation is correct.

Last edited:

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
there are at least 100 more passages in the Quran demanding that no believers be converted or killed,but I was answering a specific question and not the issue of should they be allowed to carry.

the interpretation is some one else's, but my Arabic speaking Jordanian attorney tells me the translation is correct.

Same could be said for the Bible which is filled with similar passages. Seems to me that the problem isn't a particular religion but religion in general.

Back on topic, no religious test should be made for carrying any more than for exercising any other right.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same could be said for the Bible which is filled with similar passages. Seems to me that the problem isn't a particular religion but religion in general.

Back on topic, no religious test should be made for carrying any more than for exercising any other right.

Indeed.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yea all those Christians running around cutting peoples heads off and blowin **** up is getting to be a problem

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea all those Christians running around cutting peoples heads off and blowin **** up is getting to be a problem
I guess it may depend on where your recliner is sitting. Not an argument for or against the practice, but think about the point of view for those on the receiving end of a cruise missile. They could easily say similar things about the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom