Open carry advocates....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... would you be comfortable seeing a group of them out and about "excercising" their rights?

About as comfortable as I would be seeing that group of guys in Texas wander into a restaurant with their AR's, I guess. In other words, not particularly ... guess I'm just not one that believes in "exercising rights" for the sole purpose of "making a statement" is a really good idea.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am not out and about a lot, seen very few people open carrying, but I am very glad Oklahoma has OC. Yep, I suppose some people just want to push the limits, had a younger femail family member at the house for Christmas dinner with blue hair today, so what.

I frequently carry a 1911 with an untucked T-shirt just draped over and not do not have to worry about the wind blowing. I guess we all could just hang it out for everyone to see if we wanted, so what. To me I can dress more comfortably and not have to be concerned all the time.

Some people just got to flash, so what? Act right and we will pass the pecan pie.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually saw my first open carry on Thursday night in the T-Mobile store at 89th and Walker. It was a man there with his wife and 1 or 2 kids. Normal family doing normal things, buying the missus a new phone while renewing their contract. The only issue I saw was his appearance. I didn't feel uncomfortable, but I know many would if they saw him walking around without his family dressed the way he was with a baby Glock on his hip. He was a Hispanic fellow in baggier clothes.

Throughout his entire business inside T-Mobile he was polite, friendly, seemed to get along great with his wife, and his kid was well behaved. He was absolutely a normal dude who happened to look scary to the older white folk.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually saw my first open carry on Thursday night in the T-Mobile store at 89th and Walker. It was a man there with his wife and 1 or 2 kids. Normal family doing normal things, buying the missus a new phone while renewing their contract. The only issue I saw was his appearance. I didn't feel uncomfortable, but I know many would if they saw him walking around without his family dressed the way he was with a baby Glock on his hip. He was a Hispanic fellow in baggier clothes.

Throughout his entire business inside T-Mobile he was polite, friendly, seemed to get along great with his wife, and his kid was well behaved. He was absolutely a normal dude who happened to look scary to the older white folk.

You profiled.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this elsewhere and I thought this would be a good place to have this discussion. So is everyone good with open carry if Muslims start open carrying? I mean if its good for one it must be good for all right? Im not a racist but would you be comfortable seeing a group of them out and about "excercising" their rights? Just curious how all of you feel. Personally there is NOTHING that would make me want to open carry when I'm not in uniform.

I am in awe for words. This is the stupidest crap I have seen today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom