Open Carry fall out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well it's soon to be the law of the land.Now it is a devisive "football" to be kicked back and forth(metaphorically) between the people who think it's mostly silly/stupid and those who puff up and beat their chests about their 2A rights.This leaves the rest of us to sit back and watch and maybe stir the pot some.JB, where are you? Let the discussions begin.

On a personal note, I hope we can move on from this soon.

B

Bill Mac

Well it's soon to be the law of the land.Now it is a devisive "football" to be kicked back and forth(metaphorically) between the people who think it's mostly silly/stupid and those who puff up and beat their chests about their 2A rights.This leaves the rest of us to sit back and watch and maybe stir the pot some.JB, where are you? Let the discussions begin.

On a personal note, I hope we can move on from this soon.
Agreed Redmax. This is just one more feather in our cap for gun rights in OK. All of those who have expressed support for this will likely still carry concealed anyway. My point of view is that this just helps to protect those who carry and accidentally have their weapon flash into view for some reason. I never renewed my permit when I moved back from MI, but when I do it won't be because I want to carry openly.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If everyone on either side will step back from the rhetoric and act in a reasonable manner come November 1st, this will not be an issue. Only those who want to make it an issue will have problems. :(

T

TheMcs

That's been my argument, that it will be a non-issue. Can't wait for this to blow over, the varying levels of idiotic knee-jerk reactions I'm hearing are wearing my patience down.

O

oklacowboy

If everyone on either side will step back from the rhetoric and act in a reasonable manner come November 1st, this will not be an issue. Only those who want to make it an issue will have problems. :(
Exactly. It really is a nonissue. None of the other states that have OC have any problems. Why do some people think OK will?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think it's a good thing anytime we take a step closer to pure 2A rights. People fight and holler and scream bloody murder about maintaining pure 1st amendment rights so why should the 2A just get trampled on? It's INSANE that free spech and expression are held in such high regard everywhere, but yet I have to do legal research to find out where and what my 2A rights are at any given time or place.

I personally won't open carry at all unless there is some specific reason to do so, but I also enjoy knowing that my freedoms are a little more free.

C

Clay

I still think it's a good thing anytime we take a step closer to pure 2A rights. People fight and holler and scream bloody murder about maintaining pure 1st amendment rights so why should the 2A just get trampled on? It's INSANE that free spech and expression are held in such high regard everywhere, but yet I have to do legal research to find out where and what my 2A rights are at any given time or place.

I personally won't open carry at all unless there is some specific reason to do so, but I also enjoy knowing that my freedoms are a little more free.
when the 2A is gone, the 1A will follow, as will the rest.
Why is the 2A so important? Because the reason behind it being written is the very reason this is not a British ruled Country and the very reason we have a Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Its actually amazing those that don't really understand the 2A and why it was written.
The fact that it was number 2 to be written should speak for its importance.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that is the case, why did you start this thread inviting more "divisive" discussion??

You KNOW JB is bound to show up to tell us how stupid and backwards all us hicks from Oklahoma are!

Did you not read his title? "Darkside Moderator"

I am proud that one little bitty piece of our God given rights has been reestablished and with God's help won't ever be trampled on again. Amen

Latest posts

Top Bottom