Open Carry fall out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So since it's going to be the "wild west" I need some help. I've spent all this time getting ready for zombies and now find out I'm ill prepared for the Nov. 1st cowboy shootouts. Anyone know where I can get items similar to the ones pictured here:

i.telegraph.co.uk_multimedia_archive_01797_good_bad_ugly_1797953i.jpg

I just want to be ready to go.

Several people have their tombstones already (and burial plots) you didn't have to wait for open carry.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who gets to decide which open carrier is just out to cause trouble and which is just going down to the store to pick up some milk for the babies?
Michael

I'm going to avoid the potential of getting shot by some clerk or other citizen thinking they are defending themselves or their business. Avoidance is simply daily concealed carry for me.

There may a situation where I'll want to open carry. Can't think of one right now, but to be able to do so legally is good. I like the plain clothes citizen's advantage of surprise when open carrying; yes, even while mowing my yard.

I do like the inadvertent exposure protection gained from the new law, which is effective November 1, 2012.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to avoid the potential of getting shot by some clerk or other citizen thinking they are defending themselves or their business. Avoidance is simply daily concealed carry for me.

It is possible. On November 1st (or anytime) a legally open carrying citizen hurries into the local convenience store. The clerk didn't get the memo about open carry now being legal. The clerk sees a gun and draws or grabs his gun under the counter as the citizen walks past him. The legally open carrying citizen grabs a bag of chips, turns around and sees someone coming at him with a drawn gun. Seeing that he is threatened with deadly force he draws and...

Likely to happen? - no. Possible? - yes. If you are going to open carry you need to be aware and actively communicating with people with whom you come into contact. They need to be shown that you are not a threat. There are some extra responsibilities that go along with open carry IMO.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If everyone on either side will step back from the rhetoric and act in a reasonable manner come November 1st, this will not be an issue. Only those who want to make it an issue will have problems. :(

Now...
If some one could just define what "act in a reasonable manner" means that we could all agree on.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is possible. On November 1st (or anytime) a legally open carrying citizen hurries into the local convenience store. The clerk didn't get the memo about open carry now being legal. The clerk sees a gun and draws or grabs his gun under the counter as the citizen walks past him. The legally open carrying citizen grabs a bag of chips, turns around and sees someone coming at him with a drawn gun. Seeing that he is threatened with deadly force he draws and...

Likely to happen? - no. Possible? - yes. If you are going to open carry you need to be aware and actively communicating with people with whom you come into contact. They need to be shown that you are not a threat. There are some extra responsibilities that go along with open carry IMO.

If you are going to open carry, might I suggest you wear a t-shirt with one of these ironed on to avoid said scenario.

CCW Badge.jpg

Might be smart to have one on front and back, that way they won't draw down on you while you aren't looking. :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom