Open Carry fall out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like the inadvertent exposure protection gained from the new law, which is effective November 1, 2012.

This was why I was in favor of this statute from the get go. The penalty was awfully stiff for any inadvertent incident that revealed someone was carrying concealed. There will be some that will open carry. It will be legal, so it shouldn't be a big deal, and if they want to do so, it's their right to do so. I will say this, it's gonna take some getting used to, and if I was going to do so, I'd personally probably wait for a while until LE got used to dealing with persons that open carry. Sorta like not buying the first year of a major change in a car model.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think it's a good thing anytime we take a step closer to pure 2A rights. People fight and holler and scream bloody murder about maintaining pure 1st amendment rights so why should the 2A just get trampled on? It's INSANE that free spech and expression are held in such high regard everywhere, but yet I have to do legal research to find out where and what my 2A rights are at any given time or place.

I personally won't open carry at all unless there is some specific reason to do so, but I also enjoy knowing that my freedoms are a little more free.

Well said.

But on another positive note It gives me an excuse to order the raven holster I have been eye balling even though I will probably never use it for OC.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the average clientele of a Starbucks in someplace like Anytown, Connecticut I would be considered a stupid, backwoods hick. I am QUITE ok with their evaluation of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom