OPEN CARRY LAW just thought I would share this e-mail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Thomas,

Thanks for writing to Governor-elect Fallin about "open carry" in Oklahoma. I appreciate your interest in this subject. For the record, she did not agree with Governor Brad Henry's veto of this legislation. Had it come across her desk as governor, she would have signed it into law.
Governor-elect Fallin has long been a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights. In fact, she has been honored by the National Rifle Association with an "A" rating for her efforts to protect our right to bear arms.
Thanks again for writing about this important subject.

God bless,
Madeline Mitchell

Ok guys we need to get this bill on her desk when she is sworn in next year.:thumbup3:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys we need to get this bill on her desk when she is sworn in next year.:thumbup3:

Two issues at play here...

Mary Fallin is one of the least trustworthy politicians out there, in my opinion.

Many of those votes for it were cast in anticipation of a veto. Some of those who did not change their yeas to nays were only stopped because they knew that their change was not needed to stop the override. Look at the list of vote changers. It is heavily populated by those who had the least to lose by changing their vote.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Two issues at play here...

Mary Fallin is one of the least trustworthy politicians out there, in my opinion.

Many of those votes for it were cast in anticipation of a veto. Some of those who did not change their yeas to nays were only stopped because they knew that their change was not needed to stop the override. Look at the list of vote changers. It is heavily populated by those who had the least to lose by changing their vote.

It's all moot now,they'll draft another bill,it will pass the two houses and it will end up at her desk then we'll see.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From todays TulsaWorld :

OKLAHOMA CITY - Social conservatives are planning to drive next week to Bartlesville to let House Republicans know how they feel on various issues.

"We are very likely to have up to 150 to 200 people show up," said Charlie Meadows, chairman of the Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee.

The group plans to picket outside the Phillips Building in Bartlesville, where Republican members of the House of Representatives are meeting in a closed caucus.

Gov.-elect Mary Fallin is speaking to the House Republicans on Monday night; House Republicans will draw up their agenda items for next year's legislative session Tuesday.

The crowd is expected to picket outside from about 5-7 p.m. Monday. They will be showing their support for tougher anti-immigration laws, gun-rights expansions to include open carry and campus carry, anti-abortion measures and bills to protect families.

Meadows said Friday that he and other social conservatives are upset with comments by Speaker-elect Kris Steele that top priority would be given to economic policies, such as the workers compensation system, legal reform and the state's tax structure.

They are concerned that bills dealing with social issues would not be heard.

"It certainly made it appear that leadership and Speaker-elect Steele perhaps are going to ignore social issues and issues other than just what maybe The State Chamber and The Oklahoman would consider to be economic issues," Meadows said.
LINK

And then from The McCarville Report:

Gov.-elect Mary Fallin is speaking to the House Republicans on Monday night; House Republicans will draw up their agenda items for next year's legislative session Tuesday.

The crowd is expected to picket outside from about 5-7 p.m. Monday. They will be showing their support for tougher anti-immigration laws, gun-rights expansions to include open carry and campus carry, anti-abortion measures and bills to protect families.

From http://www.ronblackradio.com/ ~ I received a call from an elected official this evening who has informed me that Speaker-elect Steele has changed the location of the dinner meeting on Monday after learning that there are numerous conservative groups planning a protest.

LINK

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just speculation on my part but I don't think one will make it to her desk. Too much gamesmanship in the house and senate.

This.

Considering how long it took to get one let out of committee, how that one had to be let out of committee, how the voting went, and how the election went, I'm not holding my breath for it to leave the committee short of a discharge petition. At the very least, if it does get out of committee, it will probably be timed so that it gets put on the calendar but too late for them to actually vote on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom