Open Carry Lunch Tomorrow ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the idea from pistol packing honey, I know it's short notice but if we could get some folks together I would be in for it here in the Tulsa area? Just a bunch of crazy,drunken rednecks looking for trouble and a sammich!!

Hey, handsome!! Too bad I'm not closer. I'd eat lunch with ya ... :wink2: I'll keep mine concealed though. I've eaten lunch with GC when he was on-duty before. I don't do it anymore. It's funny now, but it's not so entertaining when people keep interrupting your lunch. :scream:

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calling and asking for permission is the first step to gun buster signs.

Ambushing an unsuspecting manager on an obviously dividing issue as open carry is also a way to get gun buster signs..

We can agree to disagree, but I want to be a respectful citizen as well as be respected as a gun owner.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are you just wanting to show up somewhere on the first day of open carry without notice? It's you right, but the owasso event was thoughtfully planned with a supporting business owner.

I'm very happy to have the open carry option but I'm not going with a group to make a scene and create bad press that could make national news.

I'd encourage you either call and discuss with the manager of the restaurant and then post it up. Otherwise join us in Owasso.

Dude no that's complete bs. It's my right to show up wherever I want that's allowed within law. There's no gray areas in gun rights. I'm gonna just waltz into an establishment with my ak pistol and they better like it because it's legal and my right! *sarcasm*

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not spiking the football, Not showing off or making a statement. Just a bunch of us getting togather to eat and talk.
I am in the service business and do not get to go home or sit in an office to eat so I have to eat out at lunch, Just thought a bunch of us could meet up?

Don't get me wrong, I personally like the idea. Unfortunately, twenty guys showing up somewhere with guns visible on their hips is exactly the thing that could show up on the news with an anti-gun spin. It doesn't matter whether or not it is peaceful or in good spirit. It basically amounts to activism on the first day of open carry and could be
used as political ammunition by the gun grabbers among us. All they need is a picture or video and about a minute to add a negative caption and you suddenly become a
dangerous mob in the media. Something planned out with the owner of a business is one thing, but much beyond that would do more harm than good.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of a lunch get-together... but who has the time to drive all the way out to Owasso for lunch?

If people wanted to meet around downtown or midtown I might be up for it.

Pistol Packin' Honey

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So are you just wanting to show up somewhere on the first day of open carry without notice? It's you right, but the owasso event was thoughtfully planned with a supporting business owner.

I'm very happy to have the open carry option but I'm not going with a group to make a scene and create bad press that could make national news.

I'd encourage you either call and discuss with the manager of the restaurant and then post it up. Otherwise join us in Owasso.

Trails End knows we are coming. This has been planned for a couple months.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trails End knows we are coming. This has been planned for a couple months.

I realize this and have discussed it in the 2A forum including accepting the invitation on Facebook. I look forward to meeting you in Owasso, but just would rather not make a big scene at some other place unannounced. I like the fact the OKOCA has planned this with full support and respect of the business owner.

J

Latest posts

Top Bottom