Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this in the 2nd Amend thread, but figured you guys that don't look there might like to see it.

Thank you so much for your contact and concern on this important issue! I always appreciate hearing from people across this great State on issues they are passionate about.

I too, am in support of HB2522 and have co-authored it, and will be voting and debating for it when it comes to committee. I have always stood for and defended the right to own and bear arms and will continue to do so during my stay in the legislature. I have a perfect voting record on second amendment issues, and will continue that with this vote coming up.

Thank you again for getting a hold of me! If there is anything further that I can ever do for you, please don’t hesitate to let me know. That’s what I’m here for! Hope you and your family are well...

God bless,

Josh Cockroft
Oklahoma State Representative, District 27
2300 N. Lincoln BLVD - Room 315
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Office: (405) 557-7349 - EXT. 349
Cell: (405) 788-9160

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't get my reply from him until after they had the meeting. It passed overwhelmingly. Here's his reply:

Thank you so much for your contact and concern on this important issue! I always appreciate hearing from people across this great State on issues they are passionate about.
I too, am in support of HB2522 and have co-authored it as well as voted and debated for it when it came to committee this morning. I am pleased to say that it passed overwhelmingly. I have always stood for and defended the right to own and bear arms and will continue to do so during my stay in the legislature. I have a perfect voting record on second amendment issues, and will continue that with any vote coming up this year.
Thank you again for getting a hold of me! If there is anything further that I can ever do for you, please don’t hesitate to let me know. That’s what I’m here for!
God bless,
Josh Cockroft
Oklahoma State Representative, District 27
2300 N. Lincoln BLVD - Room 315
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Office: (405) 557-7349 - EXT. 349
Cell: (405) 788-9160

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what is the next step? We've had two different bills pass their first vote, one in the House and one in the Senate. So will the bill that passed the Senate now go to a vote in the house and vice versa? What is the actual difference between these two bills? Should we be more behind one than the other?

O

oklacowboy

So what is the next step? We've had two different bills pass their first vote, one in the House and one in the Senate. So will the bill that passed the Senate now go to a vote in the house and vice versa? What is the actual difference between these two bills? Should we be more behind one than the other?
Thats what I would like to know too. When will it go to the governor?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
don't think the house or senate has voted on either bill. only a commitee. next step should be full house or senate vote.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope this passes. Would be nice to open carry on your own property, or on the way to the range, or to scare the hooligans at walmart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom