Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

mausermike

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Explains alot my man, explains alot.

Long ago I was told a man doesnt have to understand the Constitution, just take an oath to die for it.

From where I sit it seems alot in here never understood the former nor stepped up to take the latter.

Just like spoutin snippets that suit em, kinda like that Good Book so many love to thump...

Dayum, that sure sounded cynical... n on sucha Good day too...

I am soooo ashamed of mahself right now...

Guess I should be a one issue voter, seems so easy a life without havin to think complex thoughts...

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it is......once I learn to read, I'll probably look into picking up a copy to study for myself since I've really never even seen it.
Until then I'll just pretend.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, you certainly make a lot of assumptions about a lot of people you don't know. I'm starting to get the impression that there's a superiority complex at play here. Since almost every post I've seen from you, MM, lately has only been argumentative, condescending, or otherwise negative, I'm gonna go ahead and start my ignore list. Nothing personal, just bored with it.

mausermike

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Aww hail-
I know city boys dunt think rubes can figure stuff out seeins how we dunt have crazy mayors who shove taxes n bond issues up our butts like we enjoy that sorta thang...

Now what our dear intergalatic mod did was twist a simple statement into a diva performance a teenage girl would have been proud of. (n ya'll call me passive/aggressive)

What got ol JP off center was a simple statement, the Constitution has more than one phrase in it...

Nothin more, he chose to be the snarky lil juan, not me.

My second 'condesendin' statement was people who vote on one issue n one issue only are foolin themselves, shortin the democratic process n allowin the camel in a backdoor.

He got all diva over that too....

At first i thought he was just playin but it became clear he was lettin a thong ride high n tight. I tried to play it off as a joke, my reference to Jessica, but he was onna lil funk, gonna whine n roll around about not readin n chit.... kinda what a liberal does, real passive aggressive crap...

Funny how if ya try n put fact into yur desentin opinion ya are condesendin but if ya put alot of opinion into yur squabble its not even mentioned, as long as ya are barkin wiff the rest of the 'mainstream' real americans.

Yeah Sky n the rest of ya, please put this rube on ignore, ya aint gonna stop n listen anyways, best stick to the T&A threads, the rants about how far the liberals, ever notice they seem to be thick in the cities, n when a country boy has a tolerant instead of hang em all attitude he issa rube...

Yeppers that suits me just fine, I aint gonna change yur opinion, this 'I cant read' crap especially from a Mod is old, i'd rather talk to guys who see the facts to debate n not some 'tude they project coz the message isnt what they wanna hear.

Used to be real men could handle no polish straight talk, now ya say what ya feel flat out n guys not even involved in the conversation come whinin on in....

WADDA COUNTRY

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carried open all the time in VA, it is nice to have the option, and frankly it the 2nd Amendment didn't say we had "a right to keep and bear arms, so long as no one can see said arms". We still grovel to the government for permission to carry a gun, which is a right. It would be the same as asking for a permit to talk with someone in private. Sad really.

mausermike

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dhome-
That a few did so wasnt my question to Skeptic. It was past knowin a few diners what are the stats of Virginia's open carry population??? Would seem to me the whole 'we all want to carry if not regulated' argument goes down in flames. History has our gun tottin past as alot less hollywood B movie n alot more there is a musket in the house...

Now just outta curiosity, since ya brought it up, did ya open carry in Alexandria? how about downtown Virginia Beach??? When I go down in the creekbottom I 'open carry' alot. But not coz I think I must defend my personal liberty.

I'm just not sure there ever was a time when a majority of Americans thought it was an individual responsibility to defend liberty. I think modern folks look back with an altered view. As much as conservatives of this age hate to hear it.... it took a village. Men of every circumstance drillin on the village green, 'captains' voted on. Barn raisins n ranches combinin to get beef to the railhead. Bucket Brigades n nightwatch for fires.

But then agin contemporary stories about who was in the military wasnt flatterin. The average man didnt see his role as a few years in national service to be a good citizen. many wealthier citizen bought replacements even durin the Civil War. Seems once a man got a certain amount of wealth the concept of maintainin life n pursuit of happiness overrode defense of liberty.

Perhaps this is our Foundin Father's mistake, to not enshrine duty to country. But perhaps not, Germany had a strong sense of duty to the Fatherland...

My read on early American life wasnt I the People- it was WE the people. Once upon a time WE banded together. Now we seem more concerned with personal freedoms n pursuits of happiness but I dunt blame some welfare state. More like what was once a feelin of exemption for the 'privlieged' class now has trickled down to the traditional service class.

There are a few here on this website who most here see as patriotic americans, good citizens, good christians if that so floats yur boat.

But they never gave national service one moment of thought. Might be their folks never taught em about duty to country. Maybe their folks figured there are plenty others to go fight for our national interest. But they are not welfare state people.

Dunno myself, I think we americans are very selfish and generous, very petty n quite noble, very vicious n yet do such acts of charity to shame the Pope.

But what has changed is we dunt really need the village anymore. We dunt see ourselves as part of a team. I dunt need my neighbors to raise a barn, my wife n i drive our own cattle to market. There are guys here who happily invest on the roller coasterin stock market-

we dunt ask is it good for the country but whats it to me??!!

Perhaps we always did, just now we use alotta vasaline on the collective lens when lookin into the past...

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted yes. That being said, would I? Very doubtful. The ONLY place I would open carry is in the woods while hunting/camping/4wheelin the Heep. Too many ornery critters (four legged, two legged and some without)

Latest posts

Top Bottom