Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted 'yes' even though I don't really care for open carry and would likely never do it even if it were legal.
But it should be the individual's choice. If he wants to make him self a target, then let him.
That being said, however, I would not be too terribly disappointed if Oklahoma decides to remain as it is.

Tulsa Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too would like to see it be legal - a few years ago while at a bike rally in AZ, a guy pulled up on a harley with an old fashioned gunfighter rig tied down with a Colt Peacemaker - blew my mind- wasn't expecting it. Now I want it.....
Tulsa Mike

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:twocents: I want to see open carry in OK. So I dont have to worry about printing or exposing while grabbing my wallet or whatever. Anyone that carries will at least once accidentally expose their weapon and legally that can get you in big trouble.
A ton of people wont go around with an anaconda on their hip all the time scaring people. Okies are reasonable, we will do better than the states that are currently open carry.
Lets keep the concealed carry permits for LEGAL CONCEALED CARRY.

I dont hear too many stories out of AZ or NM where the guy with an unexposed pistol on his side in a 7-11 was the first shot and killed when someone robbed the store. :anyone: Make it your choice, this is America right.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be legal to open carry or concealed carry for any law abiding citizen in Oklahoma. That said I don't think it would be very practical for most.

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
open carry not old west carry should be allowed. it is imposable to hide a gum 100% of the time. printing should not be illegal, some mistakes will be made. but i would settle for a statement like - reasonable care to conceal 100% should be made, with understanding glimpses may happen. this seems more doable then 100% hid.:patriot:

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of the 16 that voted no. I just don't see any reason for open carry other than to appease people who think it violates their 2A to tell them to keep it covered up. I'm all in favor of the CCW but just don't see anything positive that would come from a bunch of people wearing exposed guns.

Um, telling armed citizens to cover it up does explicitly violate the Second Amendment! ". . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Passing a law that makes it illegal to carry a weapon unless the bearer has a license and unless the weapon is undetectable certainly and necessarily "infringes" the right to "bear" arms! There simply can be no reasoned argument to the contrary. The Second Amendment (like the other nine of the Bill of Rights, for that matter) is written in plain English. All one has to do is read and follow it.

I am in complete agreement with the clear language. The positive result of "a bunch of people wearing exposed guns" obviously is to allow that bunch of people to arm themselves against any harm (criminal or tyrannical) that might befall them! Restricting that basic human right in any way only empowers crime and tyranny.

If you want to pass any law restricting "keeping" or "bearing" arms, you must, no exceptions, first modify the Second Amendment by Constitutional procedure! Simply to ignore the plain language of the highest law of the land is the height of hypocrisy by those sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. The United States congress, the federal judiciary up to and including the Supreme Court, the State of Oklahoma (because of the Fourteenth Amendment), and all those enforcing explicitly unconstitutional federal and state laws have been forsworn since 1971.

End of rant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom