Opinions on my holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gone_fishn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever color you want. Black dark brown light brown, tan, saddle tan. You could get green if that's what you want. I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to show some color samples. The problem is all leather dyes different. But it's usually close enough.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So; here we go: I wanted an open-ended belt slide holster to fit both a 5" and 4.25" 1911. I told Larry, (Gone_fishn) to make it simple, with a forward cant, RH, 1.5" belt and let him decide on the "artistic" aspect. I met with him this morning and picked it up. I am VERY PLEASED. Larry did a great job; the stitching is nice and straight, edges are nicely burnished, dye is consistent, holster has good retention, and I like the black over brown color-combo he did. It fits very well on my 1911 pistols of various barrel lengths. This kinda stuff was what I was talking about in my thread on "Community" - I needed a belt slide for various barrel lengths of my 1911 pistols, found a good forum member who made exactly what I wanted, he made it quickly, and priced it fairly. Thanks Larry! I'd recommend you post up an email address or something so folks can send orders to you. Some of you might remember Nate of UBG Holsters? He started out just like this on OSA years ago...Larry could be the next one! Anyway, here's some pics for you guys thinking about having him make you a holster.
GF w Cmdr.jpg
GF w Govt Model.JPG
GF Holster.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful work Larry. Any chance that you have the ability to make speedloader pouches? I'd love to have one that matches the Bianchi Cyclone for my 686, but I haven't had any luck finding a commercially made piece that is a decent match.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to sneak my wife's new Kimber out soon so you can make a pattern and have you make her a fancy one with carving and stuff. I'll be in touch. Gonna strap that new rig on now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom