Ordering Steaks Online Website.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This question reminds me of a funny story, of course I have a million funny stories! This particular one is true. I was working in my front yard and this guy pulled into my driveway. He comes over and starts trying to sell me frozen, try-vac steaks, and starts laying a bunch of frozen steaks l out in my yard. I worked with my dad since I was 14 in the summer, and weekends, in meat markets, worked as a union meat cutter for several years, and then part time after becoming a fire fighter. One of the part tme jobs was cutting steaks to order, for Tulsa Beef and Provision, that supplies jsut about every steak house in NE Oklahoma. I know quite a bit about steaks, and what he had was cow meat steaks. The color was real dark red, and the fat was yellow! There is nothing wrong with this meat, but it is cheap, and way to tough to eat as a steak, and is usually ground into hamburger for that reason. I live out of town and my neighbor had this HUGE Rotwaller dog, that looks vicious, but is a friendly with everyone. This dog walked up CLOSE to this guy, and just looked him in the eye! I said easy Rocky, don't attack this guy, he was just leaving! I told this salesman, slowly try and pick up your steaks, but if Rocky growls, leave them and slowly back to your car and leave while you can! This guy was shaking but gently gathered up his steaks, and left and hasn't been back!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder why I keep clicking on this site, then posts like this remind me. Ha ha. Much good info mixed with reminding me there are about 30 head of cattle just across the fence, wonder if he would miss one of them? Seriously I am noticing there is a way more choice of pork products in the stores than good looking beef products. Wonder why? I have not seen a decent slab of beef ribs in grocery stores in quite some time. What might the reason be since we are in "cattle country".

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/This place has the best stuff I've ordered from, but good rancher has some good deals on occasion. If I'm buying half a cow I go to local ranches.
One big advantage in buying beef, or any other meat, directly from the grower is, feed lot beef, or commercially grown poultry, or pork, is automaticially fed things like large amounts of antibiotics, steroids, growth hormones, etc. to make them gain weight faster! Residue in the meat is not good of anyone, and can cause all kinds of problems like building up resestance to antinbiotics, and what ever problems steroids can cause. Ranch, or farm, grown animals usually are not fed this stuff, and would have to be healthier.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shucks! After Terry posted about this being an old thread there is no use attempting to go to the website to look for beef. I rarely ever look at the date of posts and apparently others don't either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom