Oregon: How is it possible for people writing laws to be this painfully stupid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/oregon-how-it-is-possible-for-people-writing-laws-to-be-this-painfully-stupid/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=502a03b90a-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-502a03b90a-7179273#axzz6Evzf8KvC
Oregon: How is it possible for people writing laws to be this painfully stupid
Ammoland Inc. Posted on February 23, 2020 by Ammoland

The key part of the amendment says : “‘Control’ means, in relation to a firearm: “(a) That a person is in sufficiently close proximity to the firearm to prevent another person who is not an authorized person from obtaining the firearm; or “(b) That a person is in the person’s residence with the firearm, either alone or only with authorized persons who also live in the residence and who are not minors, and the doors and windows of the residence are closed and locked.”

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean like Red Flag laws ?
255px-Flag_of_the_Chinese_Communist_Party.svg[1].png

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Supreme Court needs to step in and stop all this idiocracy going on across this Land.

Yeah, but they won't. We are a long way from the Supremes just disregarding the lower courts and stepping in, and on their toes, to fix anything like this. I don't think they really want to either. It would be nice if we just had a National Carry Policy. (Well, we do and it's called the 2A but who really cares anyway?)

It's totally legal and accepted for me to drive a 5,000 lb vehicle at whatever posted speed through any state in the country with my OK DL. But when I travel with my legally owned handgun and my OK SDA License, I have to check with each state I might drive through or stop in to make sure I'm in compliance or risk going to jail?

Could the Supremes fix this? Or would it take Congressional action? I dunno. I guess the Supreme Court could say "The 2A guarantees the RTKABA, so all you pesky state governors, legislatures, and courts can just stop it with the stupid gun laws okay? And we mean it too!" Of course, then there would be a bazillion lawsuits filed, restrictive measures taken, and Anti-Gun Sanctuaries would abound all over the leftist leaning East and West coasts with Leftist LEOS bought and paid for by the likes of Bloombooger vowing to arrest any citizen who dares have a gun after being told they can't.

So there. Better give 'em up now pal, or risk being Harvey Weinstein's cellmate.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As usual, it is the number of people in the cities that are controlling the "balance" of R vs D in their legislature. Most of the rural areas are conservative.

The image below shows the U.S. voting in the 2016 election by county. What this country needs is for all states to enact something similar to the Electoral College for voting within their state, which would give more influence in the legislature to the more urban areas.

1280px-United_States_presidential_election_results_by_county,_2016.svg.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's almost impossible to OVERestimate the difference in mentality and priorities between urban and rural individuals.

I really think this is highly likely to lead to major problems and possibly armed conflict in our lifetime. I hope not, but I think it's extremely possible.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's almost impossible to OVERestimate the difference in mentality and priorities between urban and rural individuals.

I really think this is highly likely to lead to major problems and possibly armed conflict in our lifetime. I hope not, but I think it's extremely possible.

I agree with this 100%. There's a helluva lot of difference between city and country folk and the priorities are NOT the same. If someone breaks into my house it does no good to call 911 because it will likely all be over in the 30+ minutes time that it takes anyone to get to us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom