O'Reilly pulled a Brian Williams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not going to ruffle my feathers if that anti-gun blowhard goes down in a flame of Brian Williams. :(

You've been inside my head haven't you.

This O'Reilly side show will go the way of the O'Reilly loofah comedy. In a week or two most people won't even remember it. He's coated with that Bill Clinton teflon.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What strikes me as odd is that we let any of them get away with lying anymore. Up until Mr Bill if you got caught lying you were out the door in a hurry. Since Clinton it seems like they get a pass on lying.

I am reading this and flowing a little off topic here, but to me this is the most important thing that has helped wreck our society. Lying used to be a really bad thing. Someone who was caught in a lie was in trouble for what they did and double in trouble for lying about it. Now we expect a lie to cover up and give time to find a way to finagle out of what they did. When was the last time you heard a "caught red handed person" plead "I plead guilty" and take their lumps? No, million dollar trials. Filtered down from Billy, down to raising kids that still lie and get away with only getting reprimanded IF you prove 9 ways to hell that they actually did it. It should be mandatory double sentence if you lie.

Sorry to blow off here, but I am 67 years old, but growing up, my Dad's belt made me a better person. I got in trouble for a lot of things once, but not for doing the same thing twice. I got in trouble for doing something bad once that I lied about, I learned to never consider that combination again about anything.

It did not take me long to get smarter.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you remember when you could still trust people, then you know youre getting old...

This!

I am reading this and flowing a little off topic here, but to me this is the most important thing that has helped wreck our society. Lying used to be a really bad thing. Someone who was caught in a lie was in trouble for what they did and double in trouble for lying about it. Now we expect a lie to cover up and give time to find a way to finagle out of what they did. When was the last time you heard a "caught red handed person" plead "I plead guilty" and take their lumps? No, million dollar trials. Filtered down from Billy, down to raising kids that still lie and get away with only getting reprimanded IF you prove 9 ways to hell that they actually did it. It should be mandatory double sentence if you lie.

Sorry to blow off here, but I am 67 years old, but growing up, my Dad's belt made me a better person. I got in trouble for a lot of things once, but not for doing the same thing twice. I got in trouble for doing something bad once that I lied about, I learned to never consider that combination again about anything.

It did not take me long to get smarter.

Our dads might have had the same kind of belt. :D

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grandin42577_mp4.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This appears to be what O'Reilly will air as his "Talking Points" piece this evening. It appears that he has provided evidence of where he was.

Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points Memo

And rehashing Clinton's lies plus the lies of his "excusers," it "was only a lie about sex and everyone lies about sex."

It was still a lie. Live with it, Apologists.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you remember when you could still trust people, then you know youre getting old...

I'm old. I've seen a thousand acres sold on a handshake, then the owner died before the legalities were done. The family honored the handshake.

My parents rented a house when I was 4 years old. In a few years they asked the owner if they could buy it. He agreed on a handshake and allowed the previous rent to apply to the purchase price. Same scenario, the owner died, and the family honored the agreement, completing the legals.

My mom died in that house 61 years later.

People lived by their word.

From the amount of good feedback on 99.9% of feedback threads on OSA, I'm saying its still alive.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it's funny that anyone on OSA defends either of these 2 known, proven for a fact liars. Just goes to show that even if you're a known liar somebody will knowingly and willingly still believe it and defend or make excuses for them.

Pathetic.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What strikes me as odd is that we let any of them get away with lying anymore. Up until Mr Bill if you got caught lying you were out the door in a hurry. Since Clinton it seems like they get a pass on lying.

+10
Bubba C. and all of his comrades get the "Free Pass" & "Get Outta Jail Free" card.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S4F has the most relevant point. Williams job was to report the news as it happens/happened. O'reilly's job is a news and political opinion show. Two different worlds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom