Organizing duck decoys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any good advice on keep duck decoys organized? Feel like I've tried every method...completely unstring, grouping and hanging, individual strings. Nothing ever really keeps me from undoing knots the morning of. Any one want to offer some advice that they know works well?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question. I pretty much always have the same problem. Without spending a lot of money, I haven't found a great solution. I think what I have on some of mine right now is weed eater cord. I chose it because it is 1) cheap, 2) when it does get tangled up, and it will, it is easy to untangle. I'd love to have something kinda like a yo-yo, just a spring loaded reel that sucks the line back in when you are done. But until then, I guess I will sit in cold, dark freezing water and cuss my weedeater string.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out this link. It shows how to Texas rig decoys. This is the best way I have found to rig and store decoys over the years. It also makes setup and pick up super fast. Check it out and let me know what you think. I have almost all my decoys rigged this way....with the exception of what I call my deep water set, which is rigged with 15ft of line, which would not work with the Texas rigging.

http://www.drundel.com/hunt/texasrigged/

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out this link. It shows how to Texas rig decoys. This is the best way I have found to rig and store decoys over the years. It also makes setup and pick up super fast. Check it out and let me know what you think. I have almost all my decoys rigged this way....with the exception of what I call my deep water set, which is rigged with 15ft of line, which would not work with the Texas rigging.

http://www.drundel.com/hunt/texasrigged/

I like that. I wonder if I could incorporate it using these:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...001&langId=-1&partNumber=35052&cmCat=WISHLIST

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can use any weight that you would like, but you are not going to gain anything by using the ACE anchors. They attach the weight in Texas rigging to one end of the line after you place it threw the hole in the keel, that way when you throw them out the weight pulls threw when the weight sinks and the loop at the other end stops at the keel. If you want to come over and check out how these look and work, just send me a PM and you can come by and check them out. I don't live too far from you.....I'm around 81st and Memorial area.:Heya:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the biggest thickest plastic line I can find and it doesn't tangle really easily.

I wrap each around the keels and hook the weights to the duck individually and then just throw them in the bag and don't worry about it. Never have an issue and it takes all of a few extra minutes in the morning to unhook them and toss 'em

BTW, If you don't have a Jerk-Rig, get one - they work!

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rig'em Right has some nice stuff. Get a slotted bag to help keep the untangled. I like the jerk rig also.

Or you can use those long lead weights and wrap your string around the keel and then wrap the weight around the head of the decoy. This is what I do and it works pretty well.

Coach

Latest posts

Top Bottom