OSA members - what do you think of this (Home Defense Case in Lawton)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on the article I would say the shooting was justified but let the police investigate the case and gather the facts. If they don't uncover any contrary information then the homeowner probably has nothing to worry about.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Based on the article I would say the shooting was justified but let the police investigate the case and gather the facts. If they don't uncover any contrary information then the homeowner probably has nothing to worry about.

+1 to this.

However the opening line *really* irks me:

7News said:
A Lawton man is dead tonight, shot down by a homeowner who thought the man was trying to rob him.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny that the item the perp stuck in the home owner's side has not been identified. It could have been any of a number of potentially lethal or bodily harmful implements. It could have just been a stick or a stiff finger. If it felt like any of the forgoing, I'd have shot the perp myself regardless of whether I knew for sure what it was. I might have shot him as he approached.

Woody

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone putting their fingers to someone's back and saying "give me all your money" is enough to kill them.

Their intent is obvious. The same reason you could shoot someone with a water pistol painted black, it's their intent when they're using it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Lawton Police are investigating the case as a homicide."

Well, duh ...
Yeah, it makes ya think .. Hmmmm
Let me ask this question, Ive remodeled many homes in this area some mine, some for others.
If you own the home ..but its not your residence..does the Castle doctrine come into effect?
If you dont own the home, but it was turned over to you ,as a contractor to remodel..Castle Doc?
LOL, may never know what the item is. If they determine what the item is...they may never tell.
I watch and seldomly do we hear...The..rest of the story.
And ..Would it matter what the item is ..if it was presented as a weapon?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom