OSA pepper heads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 6 Carolina Reapers going this year. I've grown Habs and Jolokias in previous years.

Dehydrate most of them, but going to try and make a pepper mash this year.

Would tell us where you bought the Carolina Reaper seeds or plants? Lots of what I read on the web is that they are unstable, have found this to be true? I'm a newbie and your experience is valuable! Thanks

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of ghost pepper hot sauce for a couple bucks this summer. Holy hell, that stuff is hot. A single drop in a bowl of soup can bring the sweat on. Too concentrated for pizza, tried it once and it was like eating welding spatter. Nice taste, once past the burn. Way better than the metallic or chemical taste of Habaneros.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't watch the program much, but the prepper show on TV today had a couple use the Scorpions as a home defense spray if anybody made it past their defenses. They had a garden sprayer hooked up with the liquid in the hopper. I'll bet it would work!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to eat lunch for free in high school. Can't count the meals I won by eating 6 tacos from Taco Tico drenched in their extra hot sauce without anything to drink. I absolutely loved that flavor and have never found the pepper or spice they used. The heat? There was some but it wasn't anywhere near what you guys are talking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys with your ghosts and habaneros are too far out for me. I did, however, go to the Hatch Chile Festival in New Mexico this weekend and brought back a case of roasted medium green chiles that I'll be peeling and freezing this afternoon. This should keep me in enough for many pots of green chile pork stew this fall and winter. I also brought back a small baggie of hot green chiles to bring the heat level up when desired.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did the hatch Festival a few years back and it was great. I loves me some good Hatch eats! As far hot peppers and high heat levels go, I proclaim myself the hot pepper/hot sauce King. I can eat anything; I shizz you not. The hotter the better for me...And I don't buy into that "I like hot, but too hot ruins the flavor" namby-pamby stuff either. So says the Hot Sauce King.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We did the hatch Festival a few years back and it was great. I loves me some good Hatch eats! As far hot peppers and high heat levels go, I proclaim myself the hot pepper/hot sauce King. I can eat anything; I shizz you not. The hotter the better for me...And I don't buy into that "I like hot, but too hot ruins the flavor" namby-pamby stuff either. So says the Hot Sauce King.

You, sir ... are not right ... :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom