OSA Victims of Tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have got everything out that I wanted to save. Not much left to do at "the rubble" but invetory some items.

Yesterday I saw two hispanic males walking through wearing yellow hard hats. They were looking at whats left of my neighbor behind me's house. I thought it was odd that someone in a hard hat would be wearing shorts and tennis shoes. I did not question them because those neighbors are Native and I thought maybe I was confused. Thirty minutes later an officer asked my GF if she had seen those two individuals because they were looters. Hopefully they were caught and from now on I'm challenging anyone who is not a neighbor.

Tomorrow I plan on going back to work on my invetory and since someone rented me a skid loader I'm going to see if anyone in the area needs any help. If anyone know someone in the area around Briarwood that needs help I'll be on Broadway with a white skid loader.

I've been overwhelemed by the support and help from friends, family, co-workers, and strangers. I've always had something to eat and drink and people come by and help. Four Airmen came by yesterday and helped load my safe and fridge. I was shocked when I learned they were on their own time and just wanting to help.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent last Friday all day working out of the Moore Community Center hauling workers, tools and food stuff around the 10 different work sights. Lots of folks snd not surprisingly about 90% were church affilited

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am getting a group together to volunteer Monday. Any memebers need help, before we just go to a central area and get assigned randomly. I know for sure I can bring a trailer, chain saws, shovels rakes, brooms. Working on acquiring a skid steer if I can get the operator to come. If not, I will see about a small John Deere tractor and front end loader. Send me a PM with your phone number.

Others that have volunteered, where/who did you contact? We are wanting to help in clean up, not the soup lines or donation sites. I know those areas need volunteers too, but we are laborers and would be best suited for that area.
Crews heading out on Sunday from 1:00p – 6:00p. We’ll be running all day Monday, 8:30am – 8:00pm.

We need heavy equipment (bobcats, excavators, etc.). If you can bring those, please email [email protected] with your contact info and what you can bring. Thank you.

Meet us at Serve Moore HQ at 200 S. Howard Ave.. From the north take I-35 to 27th St exit, take a left on 27th and an immediate right on Broadway. Take a stroll down Broadway into Old Town. We’re bussing people from HQ into the work zones.

More Information: http://servemoore.com

There are a few places where you can go to volunteer to do actual field work. They were very organzied today. Checkin with them and they'll let you know whats going on.

•Meet at SERVE MOORE HQ at 200 S. Howard Ave. Moore OK 73160 at 8:30 AM. This work project is daily until further notice.
•Questions call 866-484-3500 & www.servemoore.com

The base camp is still Fresh Start Community Church, 309 N. Eastern, Moore, Oklahoma. (Please do not go directly to the affected areas; all work teams must report to the check-in station at Fresh Start to receive instruction.) Directions: South on I-44 or I-35 to 1-240; then East to Eastern Avenue, and then South to 309 N. Eastern.
Shift times will be as follows:
• Friday, May 24: 9 am–2 pm or 2 pm–7 pm
• Saturday, May 25: 9 am–2 pm or 2 pm–7 pm
• Sunday, May 26: No work shifts on this day.
• Monday: May 27: 9 am–2 pm or 2 pm–7 pm
Children under the age of 12 will not be allowed on the work site. Children, ages 12-15, will only be allowed to participate on the work site if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Students, age 16-17, will be allowed to participate on the work site with a signed release form by a parent or legal guardian. Note to Parents: Because of the graphic nature of the destruction and the inherent hazards (nails, glass, debris, etc.), parents should use discretion as to whether their child has the maturity to participate in this mission project.
Because of the hazardous environment, you are required to wear:
• Long pants or jeans
• Closed-toe shoes (steel-toe boots not required but suggested)
• Work gloves
• Face mask (due to dust and insulation)
Upon arrival at the base camp, you will be asked to sign a release form, a copy of which you can download and bring with you – or the form will be

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this was posted on friend's/coworkers facebook... I couldn't imagine...

Spent the day yesterday with a good group of friends, some old, and some I'd never met before, going thru what was left of Mike and Shannon Quick's house. Their neighborhood took a direct hit, Shannon lost her life, but her two boys and her mother made it through the storm. Their 13 year old son Tanner just had a bump on his head and a scratch. 8 year old Jackson has severe injuries, underwent surgery Monday night, spent four days in the PICU, and is now recovering in a regular room. But it's going to be a long road for Jackson.

So, here's we're you can help. UPS is is letting Mike take off work as long as he needs. Unfortunately, they are not going to pay him while doing so. I can't imagine losing my wife, my home, all my possessions, seeing my 8 year old son fight for his life, and all the while, worrying about money. Here's the link to donate to Mike and his family. Thanks!

http://www.gofundme.com/30mh60

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived five houses down from the Quicks, somehow one of their vehicles ended up in my garage. Such a sad story and a reminder how lucky my family is that my GF and her son survived in the bathroom. I feel so sad about what happened to my neighbors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom