Osprey Defense Piston Kits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone owned or had any hands on experience with one? I just took a new unfired Del-ton 16'' flat top upper and installed one of the kits today. I am about to go put a few hundred rounds down the pipe and see how it does. I hope after reading about it a lot on the net that the kit will work like they say it does......

First picture is the gas key. Haven't staked it yet but has a little loc-tite
[Broken External Image]

Second picture shows the plunger rod and bushing installed
[Broken External Image]

Third picture is the replacement for the gas tube. Pretty easy to do. The only thing I don't like is the kit is so large that it will not fit under a YHM free float hand guard. I am sure I could make it work with a little help from the dremel tool but I am not doing that yet. It comes with a set of large oval handguards that have a few spots opened up a bit.
[Broken External Image]

Installation was very easy and took about 15 minutes to install. The kit I have you had to replace the gas key. I will be back later to give a update. Thanks

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I am back and it ran like a top. The bolt never got hot and is very clean.....
I pretty impressed!

No not H&H I have been shooting out in the country between Shawnee and Seminole. A friend of the family has 700 acres..... I sure like shooting outside and I am making some nice metal targets to use. Thanks for asking Dustin!:thumbup3:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it hard or time-consuming to disassemble this piston kit to clean it out after shooting that many rounds? I'm thinking along the lines of a ComBloc caliber (5.45x39) with corrosive surplus ammo, where post-shooting dis-assembly and cleaning would be a must after every range session.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I am back and it ran like a top. The bolt never got hot and is very clean.....
I pretty impressed!

No not H&H I have been shooting out in the country between Shawnee and Seminole. A friend of the family has 700 acres..... I sure like shooting outside and I am making some nice metal targets to use. Thanks for asking Dustin!:thumbup3:

So when you inviting me to shoot outside?

PUNK!

Latest posts

Top Bottom