OU Vs. Baylor...Who will win?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win OU vs. Baylor?

• Baylor

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • OU

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Who cares?...go POKES!

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what was up with the offensive coaching last night. I liked seeing Knight in the game, but (as Coach Johnson said on the radio call) putting him in the game telegraphed what the next play was going to be. That was just bizarre play calling. And getting a delay of game penalty immediately after a false start is just inexplicable.

And has actually going hurry-up worked for them once this season? Every time I've seen them do it, they've lost yardage. For crying out loud, they got beat on their own hurry up on the goal line while Baylor had players in the defensive secondary facing away from the line of scrimmage. How bad do you have to be at executing a play to get beaten when you're playing 11 on 9?

The defense isn't really playing all that badly, all things considered (namely, too many key injuries, particularly among the senior leadership of a very young defensive unit, and too many plays on the field gets them worn down), but the offense just seems to be in disarray. They were noticeably confused, their execution left a lot to be desired, and their only key injury ('til Shepard went out) was Millard. There's just something not clicking on that side of the ball. I don't know what the solution is, but it looks to me like they need someone like Mike Stoops lighting a fire under them--his defensive players may be getting beaten down and making mistakes, but their effort looks a lot better than the offense's...

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Knight coming in was a pretty good twist, I would have like to have seen him fake a run and drop back to pass, again, we became predictable. Also, I was thinking, why not give Thompson a chance?
I know what you mean, I was saying WTF after a delay of game then a false start, come on! The offense does look dazed and confused out there. And where are the intermediate range passes? It's either a screen or a long pass (or at least it seems that way to me). Baylor did a good job of getting medium range passes to their receivers and letting them do the work, why don't we do that?
I'd like to see what Thompson can do, I think we should get him some reps. Or let Knight have some game time where he actually throws the ball.

I believe we have a kid in the wings, Cody something, I hope he can pass. Anybody know anything about him? Also, are we looking at a passing QB? I thought I'd like this mobile QB thing we're supposed to be going with, but so far I'm ready to go back to a pocket passer.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Knight coming in was a pretty good twist, I would have like to have seen him fake a run and drop back to pass, again, we became predictable. Also, I was thinking, why not give Thompson a chance?
I know what you mean, I was saying WTF after a delay of game then a false start, come on! The offense does look dazed and confused out there. And where are the intermediate range passes? It's either a screen or a long pass (or at least it seems that way to me). Baylor did a good job of getting medium range passes to their receivers and letting them do the work, why don't we do that?
I'd like to see what Thompson can do, I think we should get him some reps. Or let Knight have some game time where he actually throws the ball.

I believe we have a kid in the wings, Cody something, I hope he can pass. Anybody know anything about him? Also, are we looking at a passing QB? I thought I'd like this mobile QB thing we're supposed to be going with, but so far I'm ready to go back to a pocket passer.

Cody Thomas, supposed to be more of a pocket passer, and a baseball player too. I would like to see both Knight and Thompson next week. What have we got to lose, we're out of any kind of Championship, let's see what the other kids can do under some pressure , maybe they'll see something they didn't see in practice. 10 points a game will not beat Kstate or OSU this year, Iowa State is the only game left I do actually think they will win, unless something is figured out, which let's face it 8 games into the season I don't see that happening either

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much figured we'd lose. Just a feeling based on Big Game's past. It still hurt to watch it unfold because part of me, against my will, hoped OU would win. I'm glad Stanford/Oregon was on. It was a great distraction.

WTF did Stoops think he was doing swapping QBs in and out in the Baylor game?

Latest posts

Top Bottom