OU Vs. Baylor...Who will win?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win OU vs. Baylor?

• Baylor

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • OU

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Who cares?...go POKES!

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The forward pass has become a lost art at Oklahoma. The playbook is stale. And I haven't seen that many Baptist dancing in the stands since I watched footloose.

I agree with this 100%
But when they did throw down the field the receivers dropped the ball almost every single pass. Most of them hit them right in the chest. I feel a change in the offensive coordinator position coming.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe Baylor is really good. Why is it every time OU loses, it is because you stink it up? Sometimes you just get your a$$ whooped by a better team.

On a side note, if Texas doesn't hire Art Briles, they are stupid. The guy has made a multi year winning program out of BAYLOR.

Personally, I feel this way. They were altogether a better team and wanted it more.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or maybe Baylor is really good. Why is it every time OU loses, it is because you stink it up?
In this case, both statements are true: Baylor is really good, and OU played poorly. If you want to see the difference, watch the defensive plays, particularly after the middle of the second quarter: Baylor's defense played fundamentally sound football while OU's defense did not. Where Baylor's defenders were in position and made form tackles, OU's were almost in position, which led to a lot of missed arm tackles, and when they were in position, they were not fundamentally sound in their tackling, allowing extra yards after contact. There were plenty of plays by the Baylor offense that should have been tackles for loss that ended up as big gains.

As for the Bell haters...unlike the receivers, he didn't drop any passes that hit him in the hands, and, unlike the line, he wasn't standing around watching while defenders were chasing down the backs in the backfield. Yes, he threw some bad passes, but that offensive stinkage was a whole-unit effort. The loss of Millard really hurt them, because he played like he gave a damn throughout the game, whether he was getting the ball, blocking, or simply acting as a decoy. If he doesn't go high in the draft, some NFL team is going to get a freaking BARGAIN with him. (Dallas could sure as hell use him!)

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reality check, we played a great game against Baylor. We held their whole offense to numbers they usually get in passing alone. We had one of the best teams in the league scared for most of the 1st half. And we did it with a bunch of young bucks who will come back bigger, stronger, faster, wiser, and better than ever next year. This is not OU's year, and we're still this good. All of you negative nancys need to wake up and realize that we can't be the #1 team in the nation every single week, so quit pissing in the post toasties, unbunch your panties, be thankful to have the most successful program ever in college football.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the talk of injuries within the OU ranks is BS. Baylor had injuries at RB, they had Linwood pick up the slack for Seastrunk and ran for nearly 200 yds. Its called depth... Good teams find a way to win, great teams find a way to win with injuries. Is Baylor a BCS national title contender?? I don't know, but the D does wins games.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three key injuries that aren't the QB. That pretty much proves my lack of talent point. You've got to be deep. We don't have it. Btw, Blake Bell is f*cking terrible. Trevor Knight runs scared. Let's see what Kendall can do for gods sake...

Okay, I get your point now. I guess my reading comprehension was compromised from watching the game slaughter.

The forward pass has become a lost art at Oklahoma. The playbook is stale. And I haven't seen that many Baptist dancing in the stands since I watched footloose.

You only have to figure out which sideline they are going to throw to about 88.9% of the time. It's starting to get old. We've been so successful solely because of the quality of our athletes. Guess what? Other teams are pretty much at the same level.

I thought the Defense played well enough to win, they just ran out of gas after playing most of the game.

Yep.

Reality check, we played a great game against Baylor. We held their whole offense to numbers they usually get in passing alone. We had one of the best teams in the league scared for most of the 1st half. And we did it with a bunch of young bucks who will come back bigger, stronger, faster, wiser, and better than ever next year. This is not OU's year, and we're still this good. All of you negative nancys need to wake up and realize that we can't be the #1 team in the nation every single week, so quit pissing in the post toasties, unbunch your panties, be thankful to have the most successful program ever in college football.

Hopefully you are correct.

Personally, I feel this way. They were altogether a better team and wanted it more.

Me too.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that will save OU year this is if Baylor wins a national title. Lmao.

I can hear them now....."we lost to a national championship team, plus we had injuries"

Its always something...

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU has no passing game, sure the receivers dropped some catachable passes and Bell threw some bad passes, but our lack of a passing game (Offensive Coordinator) really hurt us. I don't understand when I see teams dink and dunk on us successfully but I don't see us do the same. Nor do I understand how non running QB's run on us but our supposedly running QB cant' seem to run on anyone. The offense just seems out of whack.
I like the run game but when opponets know that's all we can do they load up the box and stuff us. IMO we need to work on more short to intermediate routes to soften the middle which should free up our run game. Also, we have receivers with speed, let them get in the open and lets see what they can do.

Boomer Sooner!

Latest posts

Top Bottom