Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breeds all have inherent qualities. It's true with cattle, dogs, cats, everything. This being the case one of the pit bulls attributes is being physically capable of significant bodily harm. I'm not one to call for BSL but am willing to call a spade a spade. There is a reason the "thug life" type are attracted to these dogs. They look tough and are capable of serious bodily harm and can be raised to be very aggressive.

As to the "every dog attack is a pit bull" argument. Sure there are mutts all over but just like any other species, off spring will retain attributes from its parentage. So if a dog looks like a pit, there is a high likelihood of pit parentage and thus behavioral traits would likely be present as well.

Please stop with the "nanny dog" myth. Even BAD RAP, a pit advocacy group, has backed away from the nanny dog myth. Just because some vintage photos showed children in proximity to some pit terriers, that does not mean they are to be trusted with children.

Any medium to large dog should be watched with caution around children. My M-I-L has a GSD that is a total idiot and not aggressive but he could hurt my 2 or 6 year old badly just on accident. Always have to watch dogs around kids. A kids life is worth more than every dog on the planet in my eyes.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must be young. Dobermans back in the 80s and Rotts in the 90s were the same way. Other than that, it's interesting that this gun community doesn't understand the defiance of ignorance spread by media.

48 in December. Doesnt take away from what I see walking down the road.

I remember Pits when I was young too, and thought "oh what a badass dog, I want one of those", then I grew up.

...and I know people get butthurt defending their breeds, I do the same thing, cause there is no better dog than a Boston Terrier!

But really, why have one? To show everyone youre a badass with a badass dog? Phffft. I see it as the same thing as a 40 year old man with his hat cocked sideways and pants hanging down. Not for me.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got surfer buddies back home in Cali and in Hawaii who arent afraid of sharks, even though friends have been bitten and some have died from them. They love to surf so much that its just not an issue.

I have been making a living putting ink under peoples skin for 23 years. Alot of them over the years I have seen transform themselves completely from fresh faced nubes to not having much skin left that doesnt have a tattoo or a piercing. They look like thugs on the outside now but on the inside theyre still the same kid they were when they walked in the door for the first time 10 years ago.

Pits will continue to get a bad rap as long as the media only reports maulings by them only. No amount of arguing will change the sad fact that the breed is tied to aggression and violence in the public eye.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Breeds all have inherent qualities. It's true with cattle, dogs, cats, everything. This being the case one of the pit bulls attributes is being physically capable of significant bodily harm. I'm not one to call for BSL but am willing to call a spade a spade. There is a reason the "thug life" type are attracted to these dogs. They look tough and are capable of serious bodily harm and can be raised to be very aggressive.

Sounds familiar. Oh wait, completely different because apparently via the media a Pit Bull will murder an entire family after being a great dog all it's life.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds familiar. Oh wait, completely different because apparently via the media a Pit Bull will murder an entire family after being a great dog all it's life.

It bewilders me that people cannot see the difference between an inanimate object and a living being with independent thought.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you insinuating that a pit raised in a good responsible home has never attacked a child or person?

I can say with certainty that responsibly held firearms have never acted on their own to injure anyone.

I am insinuating that there is always a certain level of responsibility that was compromised along the way, whether anyone admits it or not. There are reason for their actions, even though the "owner" is probably too ignorant about certain behaviors and tries to apply human psychology to the situation. Many large breed dog owners(and small ones) THINK they are good owners but in fact they are terrible. JUST LIKE WITH FIREARMS.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It bewilders me that people cannot see the difference between an inanimate object and a living being with independent thought.

Like I said, one has to understand the part of human responsibility and the bigger picture. The obvious point you are missing is that humans have to interact with guns at some point yes? Yes they are objects but what's the point of ownership without any interaction?

I believe that humans can correct 99% of the perceived problem since everyone here seems to admit that humans created it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom