Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't care if people own what kind of dog, but the more the thug crowd breeds one breed for aggressive traits over and over the more that particular breed will show up in the news period.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 6ft stockade fence was no match for my neighbor's 100+lb mastiff. He climbed it like a pro.

2 medium sized Beagles and a little squatty fatass Boston are gonna play hell gettin over it. Thats also why the wolf-dog had to go, he scaled it like it was nothing. Nearby Coweta has a city prohibit against exotic breeds from what I read. We arent far from the city limits plus there are residential areas on all sides of us. Now if those pits next door decide to jump over it, then theyre in my yard- and I can deal with them my way, outside the city limits style. Other than that as long as they stay over there we're cool. Neighbor beside me has a little pug and some weird looking weenie dog mutation, theyre not jumping over a 1 ft fence.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care if people own what kind of dog, but the more the thug crowd breeds one breed for aggressive traits over and over the more that particular breed will show up in the news period.

Yep.

And the stigma attached to them go hand in hand with the owners you see too. I'm sure there are plently of responsible PB owners out there, but the only ones you see walking down the street with a big ol logging chain around there little puppy are the kinds you would expect to see with a PB in the first place.

Ive only had to kill 2 dogs since moving out in the sticks, they were both Pits. I gave both of them a chance to get on down the trail (like a few others have gone), but both of the Pits have stood their ground and growled at me. This is enough for me to end the encounters.
Luckily it was only me outside. I would hate to think what would have happend if my wife would have came out alone with my 2 Bostons.

And sure, all dogs have the potential to bite, but why would anyone take the chance of a pet that can rip a kids face off or even kill someone?

Why would someone want an animal like this? Thats what you have to ask.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Bingo!!!

When I go home to the San Diego Ca county area to visit, in my old neighborhood certain groups (gang is such an ugly word...) of young men have them. They will put them on these big thick chains and walk up and down the street with them. Very intimidating. I dont know how fast I could get my XD out in time to get one of those steroid looking freaks off of me. You dont see any of these groups of fellas with Chihauhau's on a chain walking around. Or Labs, GSDs, ST Bernards, Mastiffs, Great Danes, etc. I have seen them though with Rotts, Dobermans or maybe a Chow some times, but usually its a pit. They are just some of the scariest looking dogs on the planet.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep.

And the stigma attached to them go hand in hand with the owners you see too. I'm sure there are plently of responsible PB owners out there, but the only ones you see walking down the street with a big ol logging chain around there little puppy are the kinds you would expect to see with a PB in the first place.

Ive only had to kill 2 dogs since moving out in the sticks, they were both Pits. I gave both of them a chance to get on down the trail (like a few others have gone), but both of the Pits have stood their ground and growled at me. This is enough for me to end the encounters.
Luckily it was only me outside. I would hate to think what would have happend if my wife would have came out alone with my 2 Bostons.

And sure, all dogs have the potential to bite, but why would anyone take the chance of a pet that can rip a kids face off or even kill someone?

Why would someone want an animal like this? Thats what you have to ask.

Why would someone want an animal like this... let's see

The nickname for pit bull was the nanny dog in the 19th century, because they were the main dog parents bought because they were so good with kids
The pit bull was the first dog in the white house.
the pit bull was the beloved dog on little rascals
I could go on and on with actual facts opposed to stereotypes that pit bull is "thug dog"

My wife and I have rescued and adopted 6 dogs off the street (to other people), we have 4 dogs currently, 2 which are ours. Out of all the different breeds we have come across and had to adopt out, the pit bull we rescued off the street was the best dog.
My workout partner got 2 pits off the street that are her best friends, one she got from Hurricane Katrina the other was wondering the streets, she has had them for years. Well another pit was wondering the street in her neighborhood and i told her we would take it in. My wife was scared to death, she didn't want to do it because it was a pit bull. so we had him for 1.5 months before we found a suitable home (he got adopted out to a family and he became a 9 year old boys dog, and she has sent us pics of the dog sleeping under the covers with her son, she has had the dog for about a year now and says he is amazing!). My Labs were much more aggressive (which they are not aggressive dogs) then the pit was, everytime my labs even looked at the pit bull he would roll on his back in submission, we had 5 different kids playing with the dog and he loved them. The funny thing is, all the pit wanted to do was cuddle, that is one of the MAIN REASONS people love pit bulls, the love to cuddle with people. When we had to give the dog up my wife cried harder than she ever had before (when it comes to giving dogs up) and said "but the jackson (dog's name) needs so much affection" and i said "i know he will be fine here" and she said "i am not worried about him, i am worried about me".

Look my wife was scared to death, until she had a real encounter with a pit bull in a healthy home with good parents, if you watch the documentary on netflix about pit bulls most of the people fighting BSL (or laws banning pits) are women. the are the most cuddly dogs i have been around. Also for every story people post about pits being bad, there are stories like this.
Pit bulls will give their life for their owners, even if they are drunk... this is just one story of many i could post

Last edited by a moderator:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just like everything is an AR-15 in the news...... everything is a "Pit Bull" in the news.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very true about pits being cuddlers. My brothers rednose when I stay at their house he usually sleeps in their bed but he will come sleep with me on my visit and it is just like sleeping with my little Boston who is usually stuck to me like glue.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are just some of the scariest looking dogs on the planet.

Mine's extra scary, he's a high capacity assault pit.
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_photo2.jpg

120 Acres said:
Why would someone want an animal like this? Thats what you have to ask

I've seen the same question about ar15s

Latest posts

Top Bottom