Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll echo your LOL here :P

Believe it or not, it's not my cats that have bit me (well except for the poor guy the dogs got and I was in the way ... He was just trying to get loose so it wasn't his fault) ... GC has been astounded at what I can do with these guys (like drain and clean an abcess or pick stickers out of their fur) and they just sit and howl but they let me do it. It's too funny! Those tails whip back and forth like they are on some kind of beater, they give me dirty looks and they carry on like I'm skinning them alive, but they don't bite me ... :wink2: LOL

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a mixed boxer/pit dog when my daughter was born. Everytime the baby would cry she would growl at her. She even snipped at the baby swing 2 times, both when I was gone. 3rd time she did it, it was off to the vet to be put down. Didn't even tell the wife I was leaving. I was going to donate her to be adopted but the vet refused after a 6 year old girl walked in and she went ape sh*t trying to get her. I'll never get anything close to a pit again. I could careless what others do but thats my choice.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would you rather be attacked by a pit or cavity searched by a New Mexico cop?

Funny you bring that up,

If there are roughly 70 million dogs in the US (Wikipedia) and 5% of those are "pits" that means there are roughly 3.5 million pits of which only 23 attacked and killed. 23 out of 3.5 million pit bulls wrongfully killed someone.

There are roughly 1 million police officers in the US and in 2010, 127 fatalities were associated with credible excessive force allegations. 127 out of 1 million police officers wrongfully killed someone.
(Source: http://www.policemisconduct.net/2010-npmsrp-police-misconduct-statistical-report/#_Excessive_Force)

Seems the police are statistically WAAAAY more dangerous to us than pit bulls, and yet everyone knows that not all police are bad and shouldn't be outlawed.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally...I don't care what breed it is. Around my place if it shows ANY aggression toward a child, it will not do it again. Dogs are dogs...Children are children. Done!

P.S This is mine:

Tootie at the Lake 2.jpg

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if they will have a doggy buy back program, I have 2 pitts. I could probably get 2 $25 gift cards. My 3yr old daughter would be pissed, but its for her own safety i guess.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally...I don't care what breed it is. Around my place if it shows ANY aggression toward a child, it will not do it again. Dogs are dogs...Children are children. Done!

P.S This is mine:

View attachment 33949

GSD scare the @!#$ outta me. One "jumped up and bit me" (in a Forest Gump voice) while i was walking to a friends house in 2nd grade. Dang dog was on a leash and all, it didnt mind anyone who walked pass him, until i did. Ahole owner called me a punk A$$ kid and ran off while i cried and walked the mile back home. I got home and nobody was home, so i walked to my grandparents home which was about another mile away. Never saw that dog or owner again. Im cautious when it comes to any animal, especially HUMANS!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a pit bull and a boxer. They didn't mix well with the Bengal cats that would rather turn and pick a fight than run. Our boxer was just plain ignorant something was wrong with that thing never could house break her she had to be crated during the day. I loved our pit but when she tore up a cat it was time for them to go. I know what and why it happened, some pets are just oil and water.

Unfortunately she wanted a cat like a rescue we had previously taken in. A little Siberian who unfortunately had feline leukemia. He liked to curl up with the pit bull and would roll up into a ball and let her push him around on the wood floor like a hockey puck.

I'm a cat person. I'm sitting here laughing as the 2 badass Bengal cats are being chased by a little fluffy grey kitten my wife rescued from the parking lot at work.

My wife worked as a kennel tech and was in vet school before she changed paths. She hated small dogs and German shepards were the only thing she didn't like working with.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you bring that up,

If there are roughly 70 million dogs in the US (Wikipedia) and 5% of those are "pits" that means there are roughly 3.5 million pits of which only 23 attacked and killed. 23 out of 3.5 million pit bulls wrongfully killed someone.

There are roughly 1 million police officers in the US and in 2010, 127 fatalities were associated with credible excessive force allegations. 127 out of 1 million police officers wrongfully killed someone.
(Source: http://www.policemisconduct.net/2010-npmsrp-police-misconduct-statistical-report/#_Excessive_Force)

Seems the police are statistically WAAAAY more dangerous to us than pit bulls, and yet everyone knows that not all police are bad and shouldn't be outlawed.

Caojyn, thanks for putting things in perspective. The percentages:
Dogs: 0.000657% of pit bulls have fatally attacked someone
Cops: 0.0127% of cops have fatally attacked someone

As far as pits go, it's worth noting that of all the dogs rescued from Michael Vick's Bad Newz Kennels, only 1 of the dogs had to be put down for aggression. That dog was a female who had been force-bred over and over again. Apparently there was never a question of trying to rehab her. I think another died soon after the raid, leaving 48 or so dogs to be rehabbed. As I recall, most of the remaining dogs were adopted. I encourage anyone with questions about pits to read Lost Dogs

Gun owners should opposed breed-specific legislation (BSL) or dog bans on principal. BSL lets the actions of a few people paint a particular breed or breeds in a poor light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom