Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the pitbull lovers check us out.
Www.epicspbr.org
I don't usually try and argue that pitbulls aren't dangerous. I go by the same principle as if they didn't like guns I would take them to the range...so if they don't like pits I introduce them to ours. They usually leave my house with the same smile on their face the anti gun people do after they dump a mag through the AR lol.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally...I don't care what breed it is. Around my place if it shows ANY aggression toward a child, it will not do it again. Dogs are dogs...Children are children. Done!

agree...

My neighbors have a pit and 4 mix pits... my neighbors neglect them constantly, so their social skills with people/other dogs are very lacking and that's the problem the owners have put on them

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother has raised them for over 30 years. Red nose is what he has now. He lives in a small Osage county town. He's treated like a pedaphile by new neighbors that move in. He's been there 20 something years no problems with anybody else. He is responsible. He has no small children, expensive extra high solid fencing, extra insurance (his wife is an agent), etc. I have a Boston, which while not known for being dangerous, mine is 40 lbs solid built and does not like kids, or most anybody really except our family. My brothers 10 yr old 125lb pit is a big huge baby. I walk in his shop and when he sees me after not seeing me for awhile he is up in my lap licking face and wanting to play. He thinks he's 40 lbs, and my dog thinks hes 125. Word.

(via Tapatalk)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first Boston I cradled in my arms at the vet while his little heart gave out and he took his last breath. He had crawled under our fence to get to these 2 big pits in a yard behind our yard, to play with them. They didnt want to play. They mauled him, and another neighbor saved what was left of him. Those dogs were always on a chain and no one was ever out there with them or anything. But, it was my dog who crawled under the fence. Chain link. So it was basically my fault for not having a better fence. The neighbors had those dogs chained and also inside an electric fence within their yard. In my mind they did all they could do to contain their dogs. The next day I had a fence company out and I turned my 3 lot sized back yard into a fortress, was hell'a expensive, but I wanted to be a better and more responsible pet parent. If I had had a better fence my little dog would still be here. I did not blame him or them. The other 2 dogs, the kids 2 Beagles, were smart enough not to go over and get themselves killed. My 2nd Boston has lived a safe life the last 3 years. The pits are still there, they bark all night long, but we never see them and my dogs cant get to them or them to our yard unless they learn to fly over a 6ft fence. Problem solved.

My dad raised GSDs when I was a kid and we always had several around for sale besides the 3 that were ours. They went everywhere with us and everyone in the neighborhood knew them but they still could be very dangerous if provoked by the wrong person or someone trying to hurt one of us. I loved those dogs and miss them still.

I had a part time job as a bather at a doggie salon one summer when I was young and in school. The only dog I ever had trouble with putting up in my tub to wash was this womans red Chow. He was very protective of his owner and he also did not like other males- human or canine. One of the women groomers always had to come do him because he wouldnt let me near him.

A good buddy of mine in OKC his mom has about a million Chihuahuas. Its like the freaking Gremlins over there. Those little things freak me out and scare me at the same time. I cant stand the little yippy yappity things that act like theyre gonna knaw your leg off. Some of them are absolutely adorable and lovable but a few are pretty dang scary acting.

A gf I lived with she wanted a cat because they didnt allow dogs in our building in San Francisco so we went cat shopping. And brought home a Maine Coon. That thing went from a little ball of furr to the size of a medium dog. And it was mean as shi t. The kind you pet for about 15 minutes then they bite you and run off. And you never knew when it was coming. It regularly brought home mice and rats and left them half dead on our deck and even left a half dead rabbit under the couch once. That thing gladly went with her when we split up.

I have a temp/humidity controlled critter room at my house. Currently I just have one rainbow Boa, 2 leopard geckos, a Bearded Dragon, 2 tarantulas, and an Emperor scorpion; but over the years I have had manymany exotic creatures (had a rattlesnake once in Cali, kept it in an ice cooler up in my closet while it was hibernating in the winter). My daughters just came and took away 3 other large snakes to their homes. Ive had arachnids and reptiles since I was 10. One of the tarantulas I have right now I wouldnt pick up with gloves on even for anything, it scares the bejesus out of me, the other is a wuss, same as the scorpion. I have been bit hundreds of times though by pissed off critters. I should know their disposition so its my fault if I do something to be careless and get bit. Thing is I know theyre dangerous but I love them.

My baby girl (pic), a 3/4 Wolf-Malamute hybrid, lives up at my other place in northern Cali. While she can look mean when she wants and shows her teeth when someone is in the yard she's really a very good natured animal and has never been a problem to anything but wildlife that comes thru the property. I had her brother here with us on our little place but he got too big, 4 acres was not enough to contain him, the neighbors nearby probably wouldnt have been nice to him if he had ever got out. He's on a friends farm now in Wagoner county. He was twice her size, Im only 5'10" but he could stand up easily and put his paws on my shoulders and lick me in the face, and he was a total wuss. Actually he would just lay over on the ground and want his belly rubbed- then he peed on you. Loll. I miss him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom