Outdoor Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTB44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which is the best outdoor range to join in tulsa area for general firearms activity i.e. pistol and rifle. Maybe some could direct me to a site that list each range and membership cost.

Thanks

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Best" is a relative term. You'll find that a range that is both convenient to you AND offers the types of shooting you want is probably the best. If it takes you over an hour to get there, that's too far for many individuals to enjoy a short half day of shooting. A thirty minute drive or less is better.

Your shooting interests may change over time. A well rounded facility will offer a variety of facilities to accommodate your changing interests.

The two major clubs with broad range facility features are Red Castle NW of Sand Springs on the Zink Ranch and Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club, located east of Broken Arrow.

I consider a "full member service" club to offer: rifle, pistol, skeet & trap (sporting clays) as well as provide considerable depth in all of the mentioned (not just one trap field or one pistol bay). A "full member service" club should be open virtually all daylight hours, 7 days a week. It should have heated/air conditioned shooter comfort buildings, as well as adequate parking, at all the named facilities.

Red Castle's website is current; Oil Capital's is down and undergoing a major upgrade.

There are other gun clubs around the metro, such as Sand Springs Sportsman Club, Tulsa Gun Club and North American Gun Club. They offer less facility than the first two. If one of these offers all you want (and fit the convenience of drive time test), then you should consider them.

United States Shooting Academy is primarily training-driven, but offers very extensive pistol and some rifle facilities. It offers memberships as well as day passes.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's also Happy Hollow west of Sapulpa, if you can live with the rules there. I was OK with it until my shooting interests changed so I joined Red Castle.

It may or may not fit your needs. The best part about Happy Hollow is that it's always attended and I don't think you'll find a safer place to shoot anywhere around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom