Outrage erupts after Wisconsin Guard member posts photo online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't even imagine how one person thought that would be a good idea, let alone the whole group. A military funeral isn't the place for fun...it's for respect, remembrance, honor and a lot of other things but fun isn't one of them.

Those soldiers need a class in humility and a giant attitude adjustment. I don't think they were intentionally making a mockery of the funerals, I just think they need a little reminder of what these ceremonies mean to families and friends.

Its been my experience that the Spec4 has the most potential for this type of behavior. They have been in just long enough to get comfortable with Army life, but not long enough to understand what it means. Kind of like someone who knows just enough to be a danger to himself and those around them. If there is an NCO in that group photo there damn sure better be a field grade article 15 waiting for them.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Training exercise or not, it's what the flag draped coffin represents and should be handled with respect whether it contains sandbags or a fallen hero.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno. You gonna pass judgment on a group of young soldiers at a staged photo shoot based on a single photo? If anyone ever deserves a benefit of doubt, our soldiers do.

Has anyone ever had a lighthearted moment at a funeral, Let alone a staged photo shoot? I imagine when its time to do a real funeral, these guys n gals will be serious, dedicated and respectful, as usual.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno. You gonna pass judgment on a group of young soldiers at a staged photo shoot based on a single photo? If anyone ever deserves a benefit of doubt, our soldiers do.

Has anyone ever had a lighthearted moment at a funeral, Let alone a staged photo shoot? I imagine when its time to do a real funeral, these guys n gals will be serious, dedicated and respectful, as usual.

they are held to a higher standard, as well they should be. would you say the same thing about Lynndie England and the Abu Gharib photos?

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading title, I expected to come here and write a comment about how people are making a big deal out of nothing (which is usually the case), but after seeing this, I truly was very saddened and angered, and unfortunately see what all the fuss is about. All I can say is besides being reprimanded by the service, hopefully this photo will be shared enough to shame these people for many many years, this is truly deplorable and these people show no sign of having a soul.

Latest posts

Top Bottom