Outrage erupts after Wisconsin Guard member posts photo online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
they are held to a higher standard, as well they should be. would you say the same thing about Lynndie England and the Abu Gharib photos?

I dont agree they should be held to a higher standard....just a regular military standard. If this was a pic at a funeral, sure id feel different. But it aint.

A staged photo shoot picture is vastly different than a picture of a war crime in progress. One is evidense and the other is a bunch of young soldiers being light hearted around a EMPTY PRACTICE coffin.

Surely you dont expect an honor gaurd soldier to put on a uber serious gameface at the mere sight of an empty coffin.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1891029_213256635548151_517643563_n.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We can only agree to disagree at this point.

Yes. If somebody didnt disagree we would have 4 pages of same old comments with no discussion. Justa bunch of hell ya and preach it brother comments. No fun in that. Honestly im not ashamed or proud of a bunch of Wisconsinites representing their state. Personally I dont think soldiers n sailors n marines n air forcers ought to be posting anything on the Internet, in the name of national security. A picture or vid is ok as long as it goes through some channels.

So there, im for censoring our military on Internet.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. If somebody didnt disagree we would have 4 pages of same old comments with no discussion. Justa bunch of hell ya and preach it brother comments. No fun in that. Honestly im not ashamed or proud of a bunch of Wisconsinites representing their state. Personally I dont think soldiers n sailors n marines n air forcers ought to be posting anything on the Internet, in the name of national security. A picture or vid is ok as long as it goes through some channels.

I agree! Keep the internet away from them.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I actually lived through this before the internet. We had to submit our letters home to the First Sargent unopened to be censored.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Infantryman, I find these two pictures offensive. If they wanted to take a funny photo then they should have done that away from the coffin even if it was empty. As somebody that had the privilege of carrying one of my buddy's coffin onto the plane at BAF on 20 JAN 2009, I think that they need to be punched in the throat for their stupid shenanigans.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former Infantryman, I find these two pictures offensive. If they wanted to take a funny photo then they should have done that away from the coffin even if it was empty. As somebody that had the privilege of carrying one of my buddy's coffin onto the plane at BAF on 20 JAN 2009, I think that they need to be punched in the throat for their stupid shenanigans.

Its the facebook BS that makes everybody want to post what ever happens in their personal lives.

Who cares if your a ********** or what ever you do?
Keep your personal life personal and put your knowledge about the subjects that pertain to the forum online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom