Outrage erupts after Wisconsin Guard member posts photo online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont agree they should be held to a higher standard....just a regular military standard. If this was a pic at a funeral, sure id feel different. But it aint.

A staged photo shoot picture is vastly different than a picture of a war crime in progress. One is evidense and the other is a bunch of young soldiers being light hearted around a EMPTY PRACTICE coffin.

Surely you dont expect an honor gaurd soldier to put on a uber serious gameface at the mere sight of an empty coffin.

Well maybe the group could to to 50-100 or even 1,000 families, of fallen service men and women and explain how they put the FUN In funerals, maybe that will help everyone understand.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been my experience that the Spec4 has the most potential for this type of behavior. They have been in just long enough to get comfortable with Army life, but not long enough to understand what it means. Kind of like someone who knows just enough to be a danger to himself and those around them. If there is an NCO in that group photo there damn sure better be a field grade article 15 waiting for them.

Wow before making spec 5 as a fire direction 13E20 in Vietnam for 2nd of the 2nd Mech I was a spec 4 and was pretty damned responsible. Saved a bunch of butts adjusting artillery for them. Blanket statements like this don't always hold true. I hope you didn't really mean this!!

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And if they are ARNG that would make them part time REMFs.....and if theyve never been in a war zone or over seas or out of State.

Dudnt make anyone anything less than anyone else in uniform.

A REMF is a REMF. There are good REMFs and bad ones. Ones that will help you and ones that won't. I like good REMFs, I detest bad ones.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was in the USAF Honor Guard for a bit. We had our fun times on the road, but when it was business time, you couldn't tell if I had won a million dollars or just lost my mom to cancer. We we're stoic.

these dudes are jerks.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i was in the USAF Honor Guard for a bit. We had our fun times on the road, but when it was business time, you couldn't tell if I had won a million dollars or just lost my mom to cancer. We we're stoic.

these dudes are jerks.

Are they Graves Registration?

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I don't see the big deal. They were in BDU's so they were just practicing. I once had funeral detail, luckily it was during peacetime. It was not a big deal most of the time taps was played on a boom box and we had to use M4's. Thankfully back then cellphones didn't have cameras and there was no social media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom