Outrage erupts after Wisconsin Guard member posts photo online

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I don't see the big deal. They were in BDU's so they were just practicing. I once had funeral detail, luckily it was during peacetime. It was not a big deal most of the time taps was played on a boom box and we had to use M4's. Thankfully back then cellphones didn't have cameras and there was no social media.

It wasn't a big deal except that you were assisting in laying to rest one of your brothers or sisters. If it isn't that serious for you, then you have no business on the detail. Every one of these morons is a bucket of f*** for being in that picture and has no business working an Honor Guard detail ever again. The particular bucket of f*** who hates doing her duty in the cold and thinks funerals are fun deserves to spend the rest of her soon to be miserable enlistment as an E-nothing prop outside the AG's office, standing guard in ASUs at the position of "move a single muscle and I'll exercise you until I die".

...but maybe I'm biased.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another soldier suspended in casket photo controversy

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20...oldier-suspended-defending-empty-casket-photo

END OF THE ARTICLE:

Gen. Frank J. Grass, head of the National Guard Bureau in Washington, D.C., said Wednesday he ordered the investigation to what he called a “disgraceful incident.”“This image is in very poor taste and clearly does not represent the values of the National Guard,” he said in a statement. “I am confident the Army National Guard will quickly resolve this matter and take swift and appropriate action. Funeral duties are sacred and America’s fallen deserve nothing less than our deepest respect.”
Attempts to reach Harrison by phone and email have been unsuccessful. The National Guard has taken steps to protect her after she received death threats through social media and other means, Rickert said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom