Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes we have internal messages. Last LGS I was in the guys kept trying to upsell me on everything. I needed something they had in stock and the regular LGS was closed so….. I still got out with the low cost leaders.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I want to sell or trade this old gun. Some people believe that this gun right here was used to assassinate Abraham Lincoln."
The gun probably had a patent date of 1875 on it.

ETA: Several years ago in a gun shop I saw an old gentleman with a Russian SKS he was trying to sell or trade. He said that he served during the Korean War and brought that rifle back with him.
But his Russian SKS was import marked.

Last edited:

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun probably had a patent date of 1875 on it.

ETA: Several years ago in a gun shop I saw an old gentleman with a Russian SKS he was trying to sell or trade. He said that he served during the Korean War and brought that rifle back with him.
But his Russian SKS was import marked.
I was told by a salesman at Bass Pro Shops that he was a SEAL. And he had to wear a hood so people wouldnt know what they looked like in the event the Vietnamese captured them…. He proceeded to tell me he would always choose a Remington 700 30-06 as his primary for missions which were simply to “eliminate the enemy”. As be was trying to sell me a bolt action… a fat guy in an Army hat walked by and called the man “sarge”. I now want to go to stores and claim that Ive never owned a gun and want to buy one for defense and see what they tell me.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We stopped in a pawn shop to get a couple of replacement sockets. Person driving a car with CA plates pulled in. Asked where he could find wrenches, was standing in front of them. Three of us pointed at them. He said thanks and started digging through them.

With a very straight face and in all earnest he then looked at all three of us in the pawn shop and said: I need a bigger wrench. What comes after 19?

He was in earnest. He had no idea. We just walked out.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I now want to go to stores and claim that Ive never owned a gun and want to buy one for defense and see what they tell me.

I've done this on many occasions,,,
Usually when I go into a pawn shop for the first time.

It's a decent gauge of how reputable the owners/clerks are,,,
If they try and feed me some BS on a gun or accessory,,,
Then I know that I can't ever trust them,,,
I'll still go there but with no trust.

If they tell me what I think is the truth,,,
Then I visit their store with some confidence.

Some of the stuff I've been told,,,
Made me want to laugh in their face,,,
But I always try to keep cool and just nod my head in wonder.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom