Thieves......ammo behind the counter at Atwoods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Armed guards are usually told to let shop lifters walk as well.
Yep, I have a buddy that works for a different security company than me, apparently they have a "No pursue, No engage" policy, so they can't approach the thieves or even follow them out of the store to get a license plate number. Makes me glad I'm not retail security.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They used to have guns with just trigger locks on the used guns that were displayed on racks in front of the used gun area. Thief would grab an empty soft case throw it in and out the door. No I didn't call the police since I didn't see it with my own eyes. Saw it on the tape when they replayed it for us.
I've bought rifles from cabelas used rack in okc that were sitting on a rack on the floor by themselves . ammo also. I don't really understand why anyone would hire security to do nothing.but I don't understand why that security would watch a theft on camera even after the fact and not do anything either. Unless it's pure laziness not wanting to fill out report papers for police.if Insurance company quit paying for this nonsense and it would probably stop. In my opinion if store saw a gun heist in progress and did nothing they should be charged with supplying firearms to criminals.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one Lacey?

That is the last place I remember not seeing ammo behind the counter around 15 years ago. I was shocked when I went academy here and there was just like an aisle of ammo.
Yes, I worked there at the gun counter from about 2015 - 2018. A couple of guns got returned.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought rifles from cabelas used rack in okc that were sitting on a rack on the floor by themselves . ammo also. I don't really understand why anyone would hire security to do nothing.but I don't understand why that security would watch a theft on camera even after the fact and not do anything either. Unless it's pure laziness not wanting to fill out report papers for police.if Insurance company quit paying for this nonsense and it would probably stop. In my opinion if store saw a gun heist in progress and did nothing they should be charged with supplying firearms to criminals.
Retail stores having live security on premises can lower the insurance premiums charged by some insurance companies. It's similar to 'Renters' insurance (depending on location and company) being lower if you have a fire extinguisher, dead bolts, and 100A main circuit breaker in the box on your rental.

James Jones

New to the site!
Reaction score
Why is that? No one is locking up any thieves that steal hundreds of dollars worth of anything anymore. In Texas they have announced they will not arrest anyone who takes less that $700 worth of something.
Thats not true, I'm in texas and Wal-Mart with press charges against anyone who lifts over $25 worth of anything.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QT has a store where you have to scan a CC to get in - you go in, get what you want, walk out, and it dings your CC. Cameras all over the store. That is what it is coming to, AI and a cashless society.

Latest posts

Top Bottom