Owasso: Man shot during apparent home invasion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely don't have time to consult with someone breaking into my house, and see if they are armed prior to me putting some hollow points into them. You shouldn't have to. Especially if it's late and dark. You kick in my door, you're getting the horns.(Terrible play off another saying :) )

Just make sure you're wearing your Barry Manilow-approved PJ's!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will see the mettle of our D.A. shortly. Whether the BG was armed or not shouldn't be the first or only factor.

I'd like to see more facts on what happened. Why did they call it a "Home Invasion"? Was there an intent to burglarize while the homeowners were obviously in the house and harm them or threaten them in some way or ??? Or is this just a headline grabber? I've never seen a definition for "Home Invasion" but I'd like to know if there is any legal difference too.

I always thought a home invasion was simply a breaking and entering when the building is occupied?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaking in to a residence KNOWING the home was occupied with the intent of terrorizing the occupants while burglarizing.

I'm thinking that this has gained in popularity because of the sheeple mentality of just going along with the invader. You know, the old, "Give 'em whatever they want so they won't hurt you," mentality. Much easier for an invader to terrorize a person into giving up locations of small, easily-pawnable valuables and cash than to try to cart off the obvious stuff like TVs and other electronics.

Just my opinion, I don't know.

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care what the BGs intent was. Even if it was to make me breakfast. Based on history Tim Harris will do what is right as long as the BG wasn't related to him, his staff, a fellow attorney etc.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care what the BGs intent was. Even if it was to make me breakfast. Based on history Tim Harris will do what is right as long as the BG wasn't related to him, his staff, a fellow attorney etc.

Isn't this the same Tim Harris who prosecuted the older fella on riverside when he shot a guy, who was high on meth, and was attempting to seriously harm him?

finnimus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Article is open ended, but in any situation like this, charges are always considered against the homeowner. It's nothing alarming or out of the ordinary-- just a fact of the process.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't this the same Tim Harris who prosecuted the older fella on riverside when he shot a guy, who was high on meth, and was attempting to seriously harm him?

That would be...................................YES

Sounds like a great guy..... NOT.

Homeowner should be worried and KEEPING HIS MOUTH SHUT. Hopefully...

Latest posts

Top Bottom